Ideology Poll

by cellomould 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Is the 'War on Terrorism' ideologically driven?

oh, I don't know..... why not ask the families of the over 2800 people who were murdered in the Twin Towers, Pentagon, and the 4 commercial airliners.

• larc
    larc

Cello, the answer to your question is very simple to answer, but I choose not to at this time, because my thoughts are diverted to another, more important subject, to wit, does the Great Pyramid predict the end of the world? Cello, you must keep your eye on the prize, to wit, the new world.

• breeze
    breeze

whatiloveaboutwater.... Says: This war cannot be explained as a reponse to what happened 11/9/02, why? Because Bush was talking about it well before that.

Can you clearify that statement? Do you mean 9-11-01?

The "War on Terroism", didn't begin until after 911 attacks, right? You are confusing me? I must have missed something?

Why do you think all Americans are gullible?

I know you must love us because without America much of the World wouldn't even exist? America contributes money to almost every country in the world and aid to the rest?

BREEZE

• breeze
    breeze

You guys teach me soooo much neat stuff....in another hundred years or so I will be smart....found this in the Yahoo dictionary: ideologies
    1. The body of ideas reflecting the social needs and aspirations of an individual, group, class, or culture.
    2. A set of doctrines or beliefs that form the basis of a political, economic, or other system.

Maybe the "WAR ON TERROISM" was caused by this but the war itself is not.....comments please ???

BREEZE

Edited by - breeze on 16 November 2002 21:33:22

Edited by - breeze on 16 November 2002 21:34:40

• cellomould
    cellomould

breeze,

check this out, regarding 'War on Terrorism' and 'War on Iraq' and written well before 9-11-01:

...the loose ends that strongly suggested Baghdad had covertly manipulated a largely inept and unimaginative group of Muslimsunited only in their hatred of Americainto conducting the most audacious terrorist attack ever attempted.

http://www.newamericancentury.org/Schmitt-112000.pdf

This website is devoted to the cause of American world dominance. (not sure if they are counting Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Belize, Honduras, Argentina, Chile, etc.)

cellmould

• Mulan
    Mulan

Let's see: Hmmm..........Texas oil men............oil...............Iraq has oil rights. Hmmmm..........I wonder what is driving them?

• bigboi
    bigboi

All matters of policy in the US gov is driven by the ideology of the party that is in power.

Now, I'm not saying that George W and the men he's put in power were behind all of what's occured in the last 18 months are so. However, because of their collective ideology they are certain to manipulate the current situation from that particular point of view. That is what is so dangerous. Instead of dealing with a situation in the best way for all parties involved, they'll deal with it according to their ideology. This kind of colose mindedness is dangerous for the country. Sure afterall this is said and done we may achieve a Middle East largely free from terrorists, but at what cost to our freedoms at home, our reputation abroad?

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    The "war on terror" is not ideology driven, it is OIL driven.

Thats what I thought as well but lately I'm wondering what "Homeland Security" will have waitin' fur us down the road. Seems a few cough #@#@$$$$ minor details were overlooked while the bill slipped through

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit