What is the SIGNIFICANCE of the Astounding KORAN Manuscript discovery ?

by TerryWalstrom 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Saintbertholdt - "Turns out Goliath was about 6 foot 5."

Well, considering that Palestinian people 4000 years ago (including Biblical Hebrews)averaged about 5 feet... :smirk:

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

As I said on my Thread about this when the news first broke, it will be interesting to see a comparison done by a competent and trustworthy (i.e "disinterested") Scholar of ancient Arabic as to any differences, if any.

Until then, all is supposition, though I like Prof Ehrman's take on this.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I rather question the dating. However, the info at this time is a little unclear. If it's that old, cool.

I saw ancient pottery taken from a contemporaneous time that came from the area that had verses written on them. Written verses as we know them n ow go back to that time. Not that big a deal. Very old illuminated(?) Quran pages seem to be all over, so much so that they are framed as art and sold in souks. They fill museums all over the world.

• fahrvegnugen
    fahrvegnugen
    I saw a documentary some time ago on some manuscript evidence that an older form of the Koran had contained some references at odds with the current text. I realize that is vague and unhelpful, but I don't remember the particulars. Possibly it was something favorable to Jews, Christians or women.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit