Earthly Resurrection Belief is INSANE

by PopeOfEruke 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

I really pissed my ex-wife off with this subject one time.

I asked her if she would never grow old and die, would she ever get in a car again? Eventually, after a trillion years, it would be very likely that she would be killed in an accident. When we only live about 80 years, there is not that much to lose by risking our lives in this manner, but if it is possible to live forever, we risk eternity everytime we get in a car. Needless to say, she didn't want to try and rationalize this.

pseudo

• Solace
    Solace

LB,

I know what you mean.

I just have this nagging feeling there is more to life than what we know. Its hard to explain, I sense things, dream things, especially since people close to me have passed away. Its very strange. I have become way more spiritual since leaving the org.

Maybe its just the demons corrupting me. Thats what my family says anyway.

• Navigator
    Navigator

Farkel

ANY resurrection belief is insane. If God had any sense at all, He would have made us all immortal to begin with

I believe that he did.

• hooberus
    hooberus

Where has the WT said that the "resurrected" will be asexual?

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Where has the WT said that the "resurrected" will be asexual?

They use the scripture that said the resurrected ones will be like angels, neither marrying nor given in marriage and they apply it to those having the earthly resurrection.

If you're really serious about a reference, I can look it up and give you one.

Farkel

• Satanus
    Satanus

Seems to me that earth duty is only temporary, like boot camp. We get to choose how many tours we do. That makes more sense to me than the wt resurrection nonsense.

SS

Edited by - saintsatan on 16 November 2002 17:35:26

• gumby
    gumby

Hooberus,

The WT teaches ONLY the ressurected who will live on earth will not be able to marry. Those who live through Armageddon on the earth CAN marry. They misuse a scripture which must fit their idea of TWO groups....a heavenly one and an earthly one. Actually this scripture refers to ALL Christians who will reign with Christ. ( IF YOU ARE ONE WHO BELIEVES THE BIBLE )

I personally don't know about life after death.....wish I did!

• Farkel
    Farkel

gumby,

: I personally don't know about life after death.....wish I did!

You'll find out sooner or later! We all will! If we don't find out, then there is NO life after death and we won't give a shit, because we won't know anyway!

Farkel

• gumby
    gumby

Well, fark...that's true. If we're dead we won't care, but while I'm alive I do wonder.

I think life would be good if it wasn't as it is now.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

How can the JW's call it "perfection" when referring to life in the New System? How can 20 or more BILLION resurrected people with no functioning sex organs or libido be called "perfect"?

What is their definition of perfection? I'd say that a lot of these people had a more "perfect" existence in the OLD System - at least they could marry and raise children.

Pope

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit