Monty Python and the British

by thewiz 15 Replies latest social entertainment

• Matty
    Matty

Yes, I loved that one too! Me and Herbert did a little tribute to that sketch on this thread about conventions:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=26652&site=3

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I think that they're great. Just bizzarre enough for my tastes. I love Grail.....unfortunatly a JW classic, so I prefer to go for their sketches.

"When I purchased this parrot not an 'alf an hour ago, you assured me it's total lack of movement was due to it being tired and shagged out after a prolonged squak."

LOL

ash

• rebel
    rebel

Hello,

I liked Monty Python but feel they were a little bit over-rated. On your average half hour show, about 10 minutes was actually very funny - the rest just left me cold!

My favourite is the line up of very camp soldiers - can't remember the lines exactly.

Another comedian who could be really good was Spike Milligan. However, I was completely mysified by a lot of his material. I did like the Phantom Raspberry Blower - anyone remember that? It was on the 2 Ronnies but Spike wrote it.

xxR

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Monty Python had some wonderful moments, but I love watching "Keeping Up Appearances." FUNNY!

• jws
    jws

Not a Brit myself, but I think that any comedy is going to get old after you've seen it several times. Part of comedy (especially Monty Python) is shock and/or surprise. Their bits have been done and redone to death, even by themselves. Once you know the punchline or the surprise, it gets harder to laugh at. That goes for today's comedians or those from years gone by.

Liking Monty Python, but not being a fanatic, I will occasionally catch a bit I've never seen before (or don't remember) and I still find it hilarious. But then the next bit will be Dead Parrot or Silly Walk again and I can't wait for it to be done with. To me that says they're still funny, we've just seen it all before. Worst are the bits that weren't that funny to begin with, but I still keep seeing. I'd still probably pick Monty Python reruns over the latest Saturday Night Live.

My favorite Brit comedies (though some might be old) are Coupling, Keeping Up Apperances, and a show I think is called Chef.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Yes but who here likes the kids in the hall?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit