Crisis of wardrobe!

by bay64me 11 Replies latest jw friends

• bay64me
    bay64me

I hated getting ready for the kingdom hall. The whole thing about modest skirts and matching tops ws really difficult for me. I totally was NOT into that at all.

I really felt such a fraud in my jw clothes and couldn't wait to get them off!

And tights of course....arrrgh....I can't stand them either!

Buying clothes always used to be such a chore. Now whenever I'm out shopping for clothes I smile to myself as I ignore the dowdy, witnessy stuff that used to hide my real personality.

• Angharad
    Angharad

I know what you mean Bay - I had a clear out of my wardrobe a while back, got rid of most of my old meeting clothes most of it was sooooo boring

Edited to correct my lousy spelling

Edited by - angharad on 15 November 2002 8:57:30

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I have not put on a dress, in over a year.

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

I know what you mean. Now what do I do with all those suits and dress shirts/ties in my closet? Since I was a very zealous JW, I always had the "need" to wear my theocratic wardrobe just about everyday during the week. Now that I'm doing the fade, I just look at all these clothes and hope that perhaps one day I will become a company executive and I'll have to wear nothing but business attire. Anybody out there have a president or vice-president position open in their company? I got the keen duds!

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother "Not Exerting Vigorously")

• Bod
    Bod

As a bloke who wears a suit to work almost every day, I have to say it ain't just the clothes. It's the way you wear them.

How the dubs manage to always look like a dub in a suit I do not know. Or how you can tell the difference vetween a dub and a mormon even though dubs and mormon men and women all dress the same.

Food for thought. :)

• Darkhorse
    Darkhorse

Hi, I'm one of the worldy folks who post on this board from time to time.

Read your post about your JW wardrobe. When you mentioned your skirts with matching tops, does that mean if you wore a black skirt to the hall, did you have to wear a black top also (rather than a coordinate),or could it be some other color that would go with black? Does the top have to be like a jacket, or can it be a blouse w/o jacket or could you have worn a sweater with the skirt? Could you wear a white top, with a little black in it? The JW have so many rules and regulations - even their dress code.

I've seen them mostly in frumpy looking drab-colored long dresses.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I threw all my witness clothes out. Sometime after I was DF'd, I had one of those fits of rage, and my wardrobe was the victem. All those drabby skirts, tops etc went into the dumpster. Hehe.

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

I still like to wear long skirts, only I wear leather and/or funky t shirts with them now:)Also lots of leopard and snake print and velvet.The artist in me can finally come out to play.

• zev
    zev

I ONLY WORE SKIRTS ON WEEKENDZ

• Simon
    Simon
    I have not put on a dress, in over a year

That's a long time to be naked !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit