No longer filling my spiritual needs...

by eisenstein 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• Puffus
    Puffus

Jurs

I think you're on to something. The JWs make you obligated to "worship." Therefore the farther you go, the less you need to worship. If you you leave completely, you'll never "need" to worship again. I think you're right about the guilt being planted by the org.

But ... I do think that everyone has a need to worship. It however is not a guilt-driven requirement, but a desire coming from the root of who you are. This can be numbed too. The farther you go from Christ (not the JWs) decides this. The closer you come, the stronger this urge, need, want, whatever you want to call it.

Jerome

PS Robyn, then tell me honestly what you are saying. Is it not this:

No religion is completely correct. No holy book is completely correct. No one can know for sure. You can only find what works for you. Truth is in this regard, subjective.

If that wasn't what you were saying, then I appologize sincerely for misquoting you. I can't help but disagree with anyone who believes in relative truth.

Edited by - Puffus on 15 November 2002 18:30:37

Edited by - Puffus on 15 November 2002 18:32:40

• eisenstein
    eisenstein

Hi Jerome,

I understand what Robyn is saying. I also believe as you, that Truth is absolute and not relative. It's Religion that's relative. Robyn is right by saying it is up to US to develop a personal relationship with God. And I admire her honesty by telling me that if I still feel that the JWs have the "truth", go back there and give it another shot. I don't think this is a step I want to take, but it is a course. And each of us have to find our way, as Robyn said.

I bought a book on meditation a while back, and I was hesitant at first to buy it because, of all the hype I was taught as a JW. But, it is called: Wherever You Go There You Are, Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life by Jon Kabat-Zinn. I found it very hard to just sit even for 5 minutes and meditate, to let go and just exist for 5 minutes. I mean..."I have to save the world!" LOL. But I think it was beginning to help me be more aware of myself and my surroundings and others. It's a good book, I've gotten over halfway through it. I have a long way to go, though.

I am a firm believer in the power of Jesus Christ. His love was absolute. And I think the closer we can come to him the better a person we will be.

Thanks Jerome and Robyn!!! eisenstein

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit