No longer filling my spiritual needs...

by eisenstein 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• eisenstein
    eisenstein

Thanks Cellomould,

I have a copy of Ray Franz' book and I am still trying to finish it. Very emotionally draining yet uplifting too.

eisenstein

• eisenstein
    eisenstein

Thank You too Comf,

I haven't touched a canvas in years...maybe it is time to buy some paint or pastels and get to work. You gave me some really good advice, glad to hear you are trying to take good care of yourself!

eisenstein

• eisenstein
    eisenstein

Core,

Thank you also, for your kind words and to let me know I am in your thoughts.

eisenstein

• eisenstein
    eisenstein

Thanks Preacher,

for finding me on this web site!

eisenstein

• Robdar
    Robdar
    I haven't touched a canvas in years...maybe it is time to buy some paint or pastels and get to work.

Eisenstein,

I agree with you and Comf on this one. To me, a person should not keep their art bottled up inside them; they must create. If not, it burns you up and causes depression.

When you finally put brush to canvas, take a pic and post it. I would love to see it.

Love,

Robyn

• eisenstein
    eisenstein

Will Do!!! Robyn!

Thanks Again,

Love,

eisenstein

• jurs
    jurs

Eisenstein,

I left a year and a half ago. At first I had spiritual need to replace the org but I could see faults in every religion .So I didn't attend join another religion. I prayed alot but I wasn't quite sure who I was praying to. Is it Jehovah or Jesus or some other being or perhaps there is no God. After a while the need to worship lessened. Perhaps its a bad thing but it was really a relief. I don't feel guilty for not going to church or the kingdom hall. The org pushes the thought that everyone has a spiritual need to worship. I have found since I've left that the NEED lessens ..... even goes away. Whats really cool is when you just WANT to worship or pray rather than have a NEED. I wonder if the need is really just guilt that has been planted by the org. Give it time !!! jurs

• SloBoy
    SloBoy

Wow!!!....though it's only been a few short months since I "resigned", it seems so strange that we fell for the power structure of their abusive cult. "Disfellowshipped, Disassociated, Public reproof, Private reproof, Privilidges with-held, Privilidges returned", what a bunch of man-made mumbo-jumbo. Educate yourself, and run as fast as you can from that cult, and try not to look back.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Hi eisenstein,

I read your post mainly because of the title. I have recently come to the same conclusion: Life as a dub no longer fills my spiritual needs. Of course, this whole concept is foreign to a JW; being a JW has nothing to do with finding spiritual help, it has to do with conformance and obedience to a group.

So, I have no real advice, since I am in a similar situation, but at least we are both searching, instead of just mindlessly attending meetings where the same message is just repeated over and over, waiting for a new system to just fix all of our problems for us.

• Carmel
    Carmel

"A rose is a rose, no matter in which garden it grows." You may find the perverbial "rose" is in other sources as well as the bible. You may also find that "spiritual needs" are met in many different ways, most of which is in forms of service to your fellow human, regardless of their nationality, race or religious affiliation.

Good luck.

carmel

"In the garden of thy heart, plant naught but the rose of love."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit