Death of 4 JWs After Returning From Cruise

by Funchback 17 Replies latest social current

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

That is sad news...my heart goes out to the families.

~Beck~

• Haereticus
    Haereticus

If my memory is serving me at all then just attending or actually returning from a religious cult's meeting is not any safeguard at all. Was it in NY or where but a dub sister was shot dead at the bus stop.

If anyone ever believe in these stories distributed by the borg, it is always a pioneer that do receive money from heaven etc. So in dire need of a safeguard against wordly habit of dying at an instance of a random accident - pioneer.

Mark

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

I beg to differ on a certain point you made, Haereticus. (With all do respect, of course!)

[ "So in dire need of a safeguard against wordly habit of dying at an instance of a random accident - pioneer." ]

I received a message during July this year from a friend of mine who lives in Los Angeles, California USA.(My former "territory" and "stomping grounds" before my wife and I moved here to Japan) . Anyways, this friend of mine, who just so happens to be a pioneer, told me that a young brother "publisher" in the South Bay area of Los Angeles was shot and killed while in a car group while doing return visits. This was in the Carson area. He never mentioned any newspaper articles, however, his week-end pioneer partner was also in the same car. Police assumed that it was gang violence (rivalry) and this young brother was hit by a stray bullet. I believe my friend mentioned that this person was in his early 20's.

SAD!

ANGRY AT GANGS!

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother "Not Exerting Vigorously")

• Funchback
    Funchback

JT-

Thanks for the #. The next time I roll down to Pops I'll hit you up.

• jack2
    jack2

This is sad news. I feel bad for these folks and their families.

• Haereticus
    Haereticus

Gator

I may well have expressed my view poorly, in which case I regret possible damages. Earlier messages reflected somewhat clearly the idea that one (i.e. pious dub) should not miss meetings, field and lip service and all that goes with it. That added to the fact that the borg does utmost to promote full time preaching brought up my memories from 30 yrs back. It seems that the experiences (how true they may be) try to uphold the idea that pioneering is the only way to go.

Irony is not the easiest form art - especially if one do not master the lingo.

Mark

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Mark (aka Haereticus),

That's okay! I really know what you meant. All in all, it's sad to die so prematurely in any senerio. The Society's System of Things almost got me into the pioneer ranks. I'm glad I held back. But I guess I didn't hold back far enough because I'm still "towing the line". (Soon however, they will look back and find my place empty!)

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother "Not Exerting Vigorously")

• metatron
    metatron

"being at the meeting" didn't save Lloyd Barry (GB)

so much for that theory

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit