? about JW Brit Football players

by ApagaLaLuz 12 Replies latest jw friends

• johnathanseagull
    johnathanseagull

I met Peter Knowles once at the convention at the Wolves Football Ground, not sure if he's still a dub though, and at that time a guy called Dave Hill could be seen at the conventions, he played in a band called Slade with Noddy Holder, (does anybody remember that) dont think he was baptised though

J Gull

• Brummie
    Brummie

JS I met both those guys, Peter Knowles is still a JW, an elder. He sometimes gives the public talk in the KH I used to go to. He admitted from the platform that he joined the JWs in 1972 with the 1975 date in veiw! He reckoned that if the new system didnt begin in 75 as promised he would throw all WTowers in the bin.... For him 1975 was very real, though he went on to say after 1975 came and went he was hooked and knew it was the truth so he stayed....duurrr.

Dave Hill was always at Dudley assemblies with his wife and kids, same haircut as he had while in slade, not sure he ever got baptised either...I doubt hey would let him with his hair like that. His whole family looked like hippies (even the kids) so I guess he wasnt making the progress they wanted to see him make.

Brum

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

What is it about the Black Country that attracts celebrity dubs?

I was surprised to read of Dave Hill though , he always seemed a happy go lucky guy who would have his feet on the ground and not be taken in.. Perhaps it was the thought of those perpetual royalties from "Merry Christmas Everybody"

My claim to fame was bumping into Hank Marvin at Twickenham where he was serving as an attendant

I hope Tony Adams can see sense before he gets drawn in - seems a decent bloke who played his heart out for England.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit