? about JW Brit Football players

by ApagaLaLuz 12 Replies latest jw friends

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Alright, long story short. I was at my parents house the other night. My mom has been sick, and they have their JW friends from England visiting. . My mom was having a hard time breathing yesterday, so last night I went over to make them all dinner. While cooking in the kitchen I over heard the English bloke talking to my dad.

I only caught part of the conversation, but I think I heard him telling my dad about the captain of some football team there. He was saying they were like the top rated team. The Avengers, or The Artillery? I cant remember the team name. But he was saying that the player had recently been baptized as a JW.

Any of you Brits know anything about this?

• glitter
    glitter

I think it's Tony Adams from Arsenal (you were close! ). I don't *know* if he's definitely baptized yet, but I heard he was interested (dunno if that's true). He's had a lot of problems in his personal life because of alcohol and stuff, so no wonder God's Clean Organization (ugh) and Everlasting Life looked like good prospects.

Edited by - glitter on 13 November 2002 17:29:50

• Matty
    Matty

See above! Post edited because of duplication!

Edited by - matty on 13 November 2002 17:29:49

• Simon
    Simon

Arsenal are called "The Gunners" (and various other names)

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

Well, athletes were never the smartest monkey in the barrel....

Oh, and btw Chevy, If I knew where you lived, I'd give you a sheperding call (reference to pic post)

Edited by - truthseeker1 on 13 November 2002 18:19:23

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Sounds like maybe he's been hit in the head with the ball one too many times. From what I understand he's been pretty public about how they've helped his private life.

Hey Troof.... You know you can't cum alone to the sheparding call, but we might be able to sneek away to the back room. Make sure you bring that big..... huge.... briefcase of yours to show me just how holy you are with all those books.

Edited by - CHEVYSNTATS on 13 November 2002 18:48:32

Edited by - CHEVYSNTATS on 13 November 2002 18:49:16

• Englishman
    Englishman

Yup, it's Tony Adams of Arsenal, that's for sure. Artillery indeed!

Remember when this top player left to become a JW?

Wolves ace Knowles in quit shock: Wolves footballer Peter Knowles, thought by many to be one of the greatest players of the decade, sensationally quit the game to become a Jehovah's Witness.

Peter KnowlesHe played his last game for Wolves on September 7 against Nottingham Forest leaving the football pitch for a new pitch in the streets of the town trying to convert others to the sect.

It had been a closely-guarded secret and even then Wolves manager Bill McGarry was taken aback by the suddenness of it all with the announcement coming just a few days before.

There were to be many rumours of a comeback by the man later immortalised in the Billy Bragg song "God's Footballer" but Knowles was never to be seen in a professional football match again.

Englishman

My Century: 1969
  • ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Such a waste of talent...... those JW sure can be persuasive at the right place and right time.

Shoot, not just the JWs.

I went to a funeral 2 days ago at a Nazarene church, where, by the time I left, I was damn near baptized and singing in the choir.

I'm sure all the JWs are saying what a great example of putting kingdom interests first. I wonder how much of his assets and earnings he's already left to the Organization in his will?

• Englishman
    Englishman
    I went to a funeral 2 days ago at a Nazarene church, where, by the time I left, I was damn near baptized and singing in the choir.

Chevy,

A while back, a lady I knew was all excited because her friend was taking her to "The Nazarene".

She thought it was a pub!

Englishman.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

LOL Englishman

If that were the case I'd give up everything to devote my life to it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit