Elder Exposed as a LIAR at the Australian Royal Commission

by The Searcher 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    (Deuteronomy 19:15) . . .No single witness may convict another for any error or any sin that he may commit. On the testimony of two witnesses or on the testimony of three witnesses the matter should be established.
    (Deuteronomy 22:25-27) 25 “If, however, it is in the field that the man found the girl who was engaged, and the man grabbed hold of her and lay down with her, the man who lay down with her must also die by himself, 26 and to the girl you must do nothing. The girl has no sin deserving of death, because just as when a man rises up against his fellowman and indeed murders him, even a soul, so it is with this case. 27 For it was in the field that he found her. The girl who was engaged screamed, but there was no one to rescue her.

Good catch fastJehu. I never caught the contradiction between those two verses.

I'm sure that if it's an elders wife that is raped they will forego the two witness rule.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    Why does the Watchtower only do the right thing when legally compelled to do so?

When it comes to allegations of sexual molestation of a child (or any allegation of child abuse!) I've often found myself wondering why Watchtower does not come out and actively encourage victims and/or their guardians to report to secular authorities rather than passively say "We don't discourage reporting" and then leave any adult victims and/or guardians alone to decide for themselves whether to report.

When it comes to clergy hearing confessions, I think it best to follow community established standards under law. In some countries the legal systems are so upside down and corrupt that reporting these allegations to secular authorities is considered by the populace as worse than dealing with the issue oneself.

But Watchtower has its elders go beyond hearing confessions. Watchtower has its elders investigate allegations of criminal behavior that it considers as sin, and from there establish an internal judicial tribunal to hear and prosecute if the allegation is deemed to have substance. (Note: Under Watchtower doctrine what is deemed criminal under secular law is not always considered as sin.) This goes beyond what secular authorities tend to think of when constructing statutes designed to deal strictly with confession. It is an abomination that Watchtower would have its appointees tread this ground rather than encourage victims and/or their guardians to report to secular authorities who are better equipped and trained to respond for sake of all children everywhere.

• GodZoo
    GodZoo

The behavior of all of these elders is shameful, appalling and disgusting. Their utter and complete failure to display any kind of care or professionalism in their so called judicial committees which are riddled with:

I don't remember..
    I'm unsure..
    I don't know..
    It was a long time ago..
    We kept no notes..
    All notes were destroyed..
    I have no recollection of that..
    I really just don't know..
    I can't confirm that..

This just demonstrates nothing but total careless negligence. And yet they claim Jesus hand selected them to care for his flock???

Their shocking incompetence destroys and ruins lives...

• elderINewton
    elderINewton
    its going to be interesting to hear what the branch reps say on the stand. I can easily say the only recourse for them at this stage is to let the elders hang and say they were the problem not following direction. His lies will be the perfect cover.
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I can easily say the only recourse for them at this stage is to let the elders hang and say they were the problem not following direction. His lies will be the perfect cover.

I can can almost guarantee that is what will happen.

Those elders who have testified will be thrown under the bus so fast by the society's representatives they won't know what hit them.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    elderINewton:
    "its going to be interesting to hear what the branch reps say on the stand. I can easily say the only recourse for them at this stage is to let the elders hang and say they were the problem not following direction."
    They can try but one of the pieces of evidence that the commission produced was the Flock book which is damning evidence against the whole hierarchy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit