Tornado hit my brothers home

by Tinkerbell4125 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Thank you guys for ALL your kind words! I wanted to clarify something though. CC and I didn't get any damage to our place. We had storms and a tornado warning, but we were okay. My brother in another county over is the one that was hit. We are all very grateful also that he and his family are alright, but just heart broken over the little boy.

It was scary to see how close the tornado came to his home!!! Just so very thankful that they are okay! My sister-in-law said that she couldn't get the screams of all the people out of her head. She said that it all happened so fast, that they didn't even realize that the roof had blown off!!! My brother said that he could feel the wind pulling him though. And yes, I do think he is a great guy to hover over his family trying to protect them like he did. He is a terrific guy folks, would give you the shirt off his back, works hard for his family, has the best heart.

We got in late last night, we were so tired. We called my brother before we went to bed and he said that the governor had dropped down from a hellicopter right after we left, said that help on the way to help with the clean up. He was on the news shaking his hand. My sister in law was on the news too telling her experience!

Thanks again everyone for all your sweet words of concern. Sure do appreciate it so much!!!

Tink

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Xandria, how sweet of you to do that!!! Thank-you for being so thoughtful to the ones that are in need at this time!!! You know they'll appreciate it!!! Fortunately my brother had insurance and still has his family. Alot of people lost everything, even family members and didn't have insurance. The destruction was unbelieveble. I've never seen anything like it in my life. The high winds had even killed dear and thrown them in the fields....hugh 2x4's sticking in the ground everywhere that had fell from the sky....tin in the trees....you just can't imagine. When we finally got to my brothers house, I grabbed him and broke down crying, it was just too much for me.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Tink,

I'm so glad to hear your family was okay. I live in Texas now, but I've also lived in Kansas. I've seen several tornados, one being an F5. It destroyed EVERYTHING in it's path and many were killed. (Andover, KS early 90's) It is definitely an awe-struck and horrifying feeling to see the wake of destruction those storms can cause. But I truly believe those type of situations do bring out the best in people. The Andover tornado was my first experience outside of JWdom where I realized there is so much good in this world...good that the JWs never wanted us to know about. It would be too alluring to "stupid sheep" if they realized the world wasn't completely evil, right?

Glad you're family is doing well and is getting help!

Love,

Andi

• Jesika
    Jesika

Tink I am so glad you and your hubby and your brother's family are all ok. When Lying Eyes posted the thread yesterday, I didn't even know about the bad weather cause I don't watch much TV. When I watched CNN last night my heart and stomach sank!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you checked in and sorry about the little boy next door. Would you tell the family we are thinking about them and am sorry for their loss.

Good to see people helping others in need and only asking for others to do the same. How heart warming that is.

Jes

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Thanks Jess! I didn't get a chance to see DeDe's post. I just got back yesterday from my brothers. Been away helping with the clean up. Believe me, it's a mess. They determined it was a F3 that hit. My brother, sister-in-law and I were on the news with the governor and president of fema! I didn't get to see it though, was too tired to stay up and watch it!!! Just glad to be home and get some rest. I'm so tired.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Poor Tink, hope you get some rest. I am sure it is emotinally draining to see the devestation and all the ones who where hurt and those who died . I have been watching it on the news and it looked like a bigger tornado hit than what they say,,,,,,, the homes where just destoryed.

I remember there was a tornado that hit a town in Texas, I think it was Gerral or Jerrall , something like that, and it hit so hard a whole neigbhor of homes were completly missing. You could only see the concrete slabs and hardly no debrie at all , it hit so hard. It was shocking to see how strong a tornado can be, these were nice brick homes too. I think it must have been F4 or F5.

There was also an F4 or F5 that hit Arkadelphia , Arkansas a few year back, it also destroyed the whole town.

I tell ya one thing,,,,,, If I ever move out to my place in the country , I am going to build a storm shelter, I have always been afraid of tornados .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit