OMG - January JW Broadcast - be sure to only talk to people who think like you

by bafh 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I wish they would broadcast this one at the KH. I would love to be a fly on the wall and watch all the Elders who have their kids in college skwirm in their seats. Then the ones who's kids are "pursuing Kingdom interests", can glare at the ones who are in college or have their kids in college. It's so fun to watch!!!

Lurking Elders..if you have your kids in college that is GREAT (I'm all for it) but don't raise your hand during the anti college Watchtower lesson or even worse read the WT. We've seen this and it doesn't set well within the congregation.

The spiritual competition is unreal!!!!

• bafh
    bafh

BetterGuyNow you can watch at tv.jw.org

And you are not that far out of the loop. The "broadcasting" only started in November and the buttons are new last year too.

it occurs to me that this is where they are going to "publish their most outlandish indoctrination. Less likely to be attacked as their printed work perhaps. Easy to take down if something causes too much controversy - more control than those pesky magazines which you can't edit or  wipe out of existence as quickly and easily as a video.

• Naoscillator
    Naoscillator

Funny how evolution is such a dirty word. 

A decade ago I heard a CO saying nearly everything Morris said, down to the anecdote about the young man, (a MS in the CO's version) coming back from university believing in evolution and with serious doubts about "the truth". Even then as a full-on loyalist I wondered how this seems to happen so easily to so many. An absurd idea like evolution couldn't put a scratch in our iron-clad truth! Then I realized I everything I "knew" about evolution was from, you guessed it, the Creation book. It was years before I dared look further into what the WT calls "a religious doctrine couched in scientific language." 

Yeah, they won't tell you not to send your children to what essentially is Satan's Little Shop of Spiritually Perilous Ideas. That's your own personal decision if you sacrifice your child to Satan's world, the GB dignified you with making that (wrong) choice for yourself! 

• Lynnie
    Lynnie
    Funny I just heard through my family grapevine that my cousin is going back to school to get her teaching degree, she's a recently baptized witness (35 years) however was born in and never went for it until the last couple of years.  So I think some witnesses aren't even listening and just doing whatever they want even though they are attending meetings and acting like good little witnesses!  She posted that she was going to get a teaching degree, that's so interesting to me since witnesses are so anti-education. She seems to have a free pass however since her father is an elder and will bend over backwards for her no matter what!
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Data-Dog - "I'm so glad I never watch the 144,000 Club."

Ditto.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

ToesUp

They are at the one I attend, on Fridays if any want to attend 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit