Wall Street Journal on JWs

by teenyuck 11 Replies latest jw friends

• jack2
    jack2

Wow, great post and comments. JT wrote:

my wife is in charge of our Newsletter so we put a NOTICE in the Newsletter stating that the local congregtion of JW have a NEW PROGRAM CALL DO NOT CALL LIST and if you would like to OP-OUT of thier monthly and quarterly visist then be sure to let the next jw who stops by to put your home on thier op-out/ DO NOT CALL LIST
    When I'd take territory out, and look over the do-not-call list on the back, I used to think: 'If everyone, or even just a good number. of people would ask that we not call, we'd really have a problem'. And as he mentioned, when people are made aware that option, many will sign up.
  • crownboy
    crownboy

Actually, JT, the Stratton folks couldn't have been too dumb in making that law, since the village won at the District court and Appeals court level (though they were told to make the ordinance more neutral). I did agree with the Supreme Court's ruling, though (one of the few times that I'll agree with the JW's). Gotta protect that 1st Amendment .

That idea you gave to the Stratton people and to your neighbours was very good, BTW. Would have been alot easier for the Stratton people if they had done that to begin with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit