My Bruv

by cornish 10 Replies latest jw friends

• cornish
    cornish

I have this brother who I have had no communication with since 1996 when I left the Borg and became the subject of collective shunning.

Well,for several months now he has had his profile up on the friends reunited site. http://www.friendsreunited.co.uk/friendsreunited.asp?wci=MemberNotes&member_key=8528315

Well they say its so old chums can be reunited,eh.

I am toying with the idea of e mailing him through the site,,,just toying I stress!

Any suggestions for content?

• TisInYourWishbone
    TisInYourWishbone

Tell us more of your relationship how close were you, many other siblings, memories etc. If you would like.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

If you really want to regain contact with him, I would email him and express your love for him and how much you miss him. Tell him that regardless of what the Watchtower says, you love him and he will always be you brother. Maybe remind him that Jesus never shunned anyone, but was noted sitting and eating with the tax collectors, and you will follow Jesus' example.

If he ignores you, you at least expressed your love and desire to be family again.

Lew W

• City Fan
    City Fan

I did a search on this website a few days ago for old JW mates (and a few JW ex-girlfriends). I searched on a dozen names and was amazed that I found profiles for more than half of them. Remember this site is mainly for people to get in touch with their old schoolmates i.e. 'worldly' schoolmates.

I presumed that if their name was registered they have either left the 'troof' or are still going to the meetings for the sake of family.

This could be the case with your brother. I'd just email him and say you'd like to get back in touch. I wouldn't mention any religious stuff. Leave it with him - if he wants to get back in touch with you he'll email you!

• cornish
    cornish

Good question TisInYourWishbone,

I have three brothers and one sister,this particular brother I was very close too as we grew up but as we got older and he totally changed his personality when he got baptized at 16 and stopped being fun and just turned so serious, and I was always seen by him as not reaching out for position in the organization etc,my lack of desire to reach out for organizational position and my pursuit of hobbies made him view me as sus even before I left.

Anyway one thing I do know is that his real personality is trapped,and I have an incling deep down inside his soul their is a rebel itching to get out.

Edited by - cornish on 11 November 2002 9:28:35

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I was in a similar situation with my dad. At one point I just decided to contact him. Mostly because I did not want to live my life with the regret of not trying, and the thought of "what if...".

What have you got to loose by trying.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Hi Cornish,

Why not email him, but very briefly, something along the lines of just wanting to know he is in good health and happy?

I'd avoid anything else, softly softly...!

BTW, I have taken the opportunity of announcing my departure to all my old schoolfriends on the same site: http://www.friendsreunited.co.uk/FriendsReunited.asp?wci=membernotes&member_key=1677359&Year=1957&school_key=152464

Englishman.

• TisInYourWishbone
    TisInYourWishbone

What are the chances he is on that site looking for you and inversely why who were you looking for?

• els
    els

If he is a good and faithful witness he should be perfectly happy with the association he has. I think he is on that site looking for something or someone, maybe you. I say go for it. els

• Englishman
    Englishman

els,

There are loads of JW's who contribute to that site. I once spent a few hours entering the names of of every witness that I could recall in the UK, I reckon about a third of them are on Friends reunited. Most of them are women, they need to post their maiden names and feel quite secure that they won't be recognised as such.

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit