re: Rerefinement

by battman 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• larc
    larc

Mensa,

The World Wide Church of God was founded by Herbert W. Amrstrong who was a very strong leader, much like Rutherford. As he got older he attempted to turn the leadership over to his son Garner Ted Armstrong. They had conflict and the son fell out of favor, and Herbert W. took the leadership back. When he died, there was not the successor, like the JWs had with Knorr after Rutherford's death. That is why they changed their doctrines, because they could with no interferring dictator. Their numbers did not remain high, as you assert, but dropped dramaticly. I have a good friend who used to be a member. In fact, he worked at their college for some time. He can update me on the details and the actual numbers. I will also make sure my statements here are accurate, since this is off the top of my head.

• mensa163
    mensa163

RR
    Lark
    Thank you for correcting my information.I knew I was not up to date on that topic (WW Church of God) but didn't realize how much

• larc
    larc

mensa,

I am not sure what you mean by the term "up to date". If you mean this in a chronological sense, then my comment is that these events happened several years ago. This is not new news. I think a better term would be: you are not "well informed".

• mensa163
    mensa163

Larc.
    I did not claim to be providing accurate info on WW Church Of God break-up. If you read carefully I stated my interest was more the acceptance by mainstream Christian Churches of the new WW C of G Christian Position. My recall was that with the warm embrace of a huge number of Christians many of the former Armstrong followers came to Christ and were absorbed into the christian fold which to me is more important than the mechanics of how Armstrongs organization de-fragmented.If you also notice, I had ended my message with HOPE HOPE HOPE. My indication was that in the changes in any organization whether Russel, Rutherford, Armstrong or Protestant the followers could shed the cords of men and come to Christ. How do you feel about people who use Christ for this purpose....do you have a better way?

• Gozz
    Gozz

Contrary to the announcement made last year, current issues of The Watchtower have carried the info:

M.H. Larson, President;

Why was Don Adams dumped for the Presidency?

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

Gozz
    Don adams is over the whole thing ..MH is over the publishing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit