todays Apostate email to my family

by rwagoner 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Mum
    Mum

rwagoner,

I know how you feel. I can't help myself from wanting to point out to my family how ridiculous their "reasoning" sounds to regular people who are not brainwashed and who do not put themselves in a position of being remotely controlled by a bunch of insecure old men who refuse to read the handwriting on the wall.

I don't say much, but my daughter tells them just like you do. Of course, it does no good. They need their security blankie and cannot understand why we think life is better without it.

Regards,

Sandra

• Francois
    Francois

Rwagoner - I certainly respect your approach. Instead of playing by their rules you play by your own. I do wish more people would do that instead of getting all weepy and remorseful about leaving and having then their families scorn.

My hat's off to you sir.

• els
    els

Randy, I think your email is great. My parents don't have a computer so I have been thinking of sending them a postcard every week with just one question or comment on it. Just some little thing to make them think. it might make them angry but they aren't having anything to do with me anyway so what difference would it make.
    For some reason your name sounds familar to me. I grew up in Granville, NY which is just over the border from Vermont, about half an hour from Rutland. We usually had our assemblies in Vermont. My maiden name was Elsie Shaw. I was born in 1960 and was a witness till 85 or so. Sound familar? els

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

els,

That is my thinking exactly *LOL* If they are shunning me anyway then who cares and sending little "points of light" seems to make me feel better.

My father was an Elder for years and we often went to Granville for him to give sunday talks, I'm sure we must have met at some point. Lets see...I had a bad haircut...awful polyester suits...bookbag as big as a UPS Truck...just what every young JW gal was looking for ! *LOL*

I was in from 69 - 89...not real active in the 80's though. We're certainly in the same age group....I'll bet I followed you around the assemblies as a hormonally charged teenager. *LOL* It would be fun to chat a bit and see what we can both remember from the old days.

R

• els
    els

Randy, You're going to have to give me a little more info. Your description sounds like every guy at every assembly. lol. I'm not sure you would have noticed me though. I had these horrendous coke bottle glasses till I was 17 and got a job and bought contacts with my first paycheck. I did have a pretty good figure though. I was the youngest of 7, short light brown hair when I was a teenager, brown eyes, 5'7'. My father was a ministerial servant, he handled book sales behind the counter. els

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

Els,

are you online now ? We could talk in chat....

If you click on my profile there is a link to my bio and some pictures....might help

R

• els
    els

R. Are you on? els

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit