Letter to the GB

by Undecided 23 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

Frank

I tried to touchbase with you tonight- i will try again tuesday

############

just a word about FranK

I met frank when i was a new boy in brooklyn and this guy knows what he is talking about

welcome frank -you will be able to provide some insight into the org that many of us will find most interesting- hey man you still look good- life has been good to you

look forward to reading more of your post

James

• musky
    musky

Undecided, I wish the best for you and hope your letter gets to where it needs to.

Frank, I have no reason to doubt your comments on what happens to individual letters that are sent in to the watchtower. I sent in a letter a number of years ago, and received a blanket letter that said my comments were forwarded to my local elders. For some reason, I thought that my letter would get the personal attention of the people at brooklyn. I thought if this is Jehovahs organization, they will take the time to respond. Some who write letters do so because they NEED that personal contact to put there minds at rest on issues. Issues that may involve the local body of elders. I guss I can see how they cannot answer every letter though. Sad , I think.

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

Instead of mailing a letter to one of the Gibbering Buffoons, why not have it delivered in a more personal manner? I suggest inviting one of the disaffected yet still resident members of the Bethel "Family" to help out. Imagine this: Each GB member wakes up in the morning and notices a envelope that has been slipped under the door. The Secret Apostate Delivery Service strikes like a thief in the night!

What would YOU write in your letter if you could get an assurance of that special delivery personal touch?

Note to Bethelites who have decided not to be sheep any longer: Advertise your rates here, you just might get a few customers.

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

minimus,

I don't want to give the impression that I'm some sort of expert on how the Society handles the correspondence it receives. But I really doubt they've ever kept a file on every last person who sends in a letter. It would take an enormous amount of storage space to hold all those letters, cards and other forms of correspondence, as well as the file folders that would contain them. Scanning them all into computers would be extremely time-consuming.

I'm not saying they don't keep files on a lot of people. But often an incoming letter is sent to the congregation with an accompanying letter directing the elders and sometimes also the circuit overseer to handle the matter. And many pieces of correspondence would necessarily be discarded. I doubt there are many people or companies in the world that keep every piece of mail they have ever received and/or a file on every sender. Some files are kept only for a short while, just long enough to satisfy the particular office involved that the matter is not likely to need attention in the future. I think we just have to accept the fact that the Society uses the same basic office procedures that other large corporations use.

I think it would be very hard to say why in any particular day one letter is saved and another is viewed as trivial. I suppose in some cases it depends on the training and experience of the one handling it. I'm neither defending or accusing here, just telling it as I saw it.

Frank

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit