Letter to the GB

by Undecided 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

Governing Body

Watchtower Bible & Tract Society

Dear Who ever you are,

My grandmother was supposedly a part of your group of faithful and discrete leaders of Gods people on earth, although she had the same spirit as you claim, she couldnt originate any of the food in the proper time, only dish it out since she was a woman.

Of course you claim to not originate any of the truth either, just dish it out from Jehovah as he reveals it to you few who are somehow appointed by him in a mysterious way.

Since you claim to be directed by his spirit, but not inspired, could you explain the difference it would make to the decisions you have made for His exclusive group of worshipers? Does this difference give you the excuse you need to explain how you have made so many mistakes down through the years in revealing Gods truth? Since you cannot blame God for these errors you must not be following his direction, so why should the ones in the congregations reverence the organization (YOU) and follow every turn you make without ever questioning, for fear of disfellowshipment?

I was trained to reverence the organization since birth and followed every turn it made and due to this was advanced to PO. I finally woke up to how stupid I had been to waste my life distributing your literature and getting others involved in YOUR truth.

Please give your so called appointment by God some real honest evaluation and admit you are just as human as any other member of the congregation and have no real reason to demand total submission of thought and action from every human on earth or they will die at Gods hands.

A former follower of you GB leaders of men,

Ken P.

• Searchin50
    Searchin50

This is a Beautiful Letter:(

May many blessings be upon you at this time !!!!

Please let us know if you get a response from them.

Surely this will get their attention.-------hehe

Thanks for sharing. Searchin50

• derrickb007
    derrickb007

It's a good letter in that it is true, but might it get the point across better if it was done with a little more respect? Still being a JW (but not for long) when I first read your letter, the first instinct was to recoil. This letter will be read by others before it reaches the Governing Body. Even if the Governing Body does not respond to it others who read it may respond, but not if they recoil first.

Just my thought and opinion though, do what you want.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi Derrick,

You are probably right, but this is about all the respect I can muster right now for this group of self righteous men. They are probably as mislead as I was but maybe it will get through to some one who may read it. I remember listening to J. F. Rutherford when I was a kid and all I can remember is his arrogance. I have talked to NH Knorr and the same attitude was impressed on me. So maybe a little arrogance back to them will work.

Ken P.

• core
    core

Sadly you letter will never reach the GB members as it will be intercepted by the Service Department thought police who generally send such back to your congo (if they can find out which it is/was) and they instruct the local elders to 'deal with it' - meaning deal with you.

Doubtless the GB members are protected from knowing how hostile things are outside their protected circle.

• minimus
    minimus

Hi Ken, I liked the point of your letter. Whether the letter was meant to convey the thought of how wrong the GB is to make people feel obliged to listen to them or if the idea was to just air out some of your thoughts for the board, the bottom line is that they could care less what anyone says against them.So whether you're very businesslike or less respectful, the end result is the same. The letter gets tossed in the circular file.

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

I agree with derrickb007 and others. We will never reach the hearts of self-righteous persons by showing that same attitude ourselves. When a letter like that reaches the Society, it is hardly ever passed on to the governing body. Unless they can figure out what congregation you're with, letters such as yours often go into a wastebasket as being from the type of person the organization doesn't want having around anyway. If it isn't discarded, a reply goes to your elders and it's filed with other letters not deemed worthy of a reply by the Society. I'm not making this up. While I haven't the slightest doubt that you have good reasons for feeling as you do, I'm also sure you know the old saying that says you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. I worked part-time with the Brooklyn mailroom and saw oodles of such letters pour in every day. And it would be impossible for the GB to handle them all, even if they had the energy of much younger men and even if that was all they tried to do 24 hours a day. So, in essence, you're just throwing your money away on stationery and postage.

• Undecided
    Undecided

You are probably right fjtoth, it will probably have a better chance of getting to the GB on this site than if mailed out to them. I don't think I will mail it since it would be usless anyway and it served it's purpose of letting me rant my feelings. Any good JWs have an answer to the thoughts I expressed?? Shot me down if you can.

Ken P.

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Undecided,

Just want you to know I sympathize with how you feel. You deserve congratulations for not feeling afraid to stand up to them anymore. That's a real triumph in the life of any person who's been in an organization so pharisaically authoritarian. It took me many years to get up the spunk to speak my mind. God bless you.

Frank

• Francois
    Francois

I understand the basic idea behind suggestions that you approach your subjects with more respect. However, as in Theocratic Warfare, those elitist bullshit artists don't deserve anyone's respect. Secondly, even if your letter indicated that you had respect for them by the quart in every vein, it would still never get to the GB. So why toss your pearls before swine?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit