Silent Witnesses — Australia

by Jools j 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Jools j
  • czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

News to me... NOT!

Actually, it's an article I haven't seen before. another crack in the Wall...

CZAR

• Jools j
    Jools j

"This week, Sunday reveals the extraordinary story of how the Jehovahs Witnesses in Australia routinely cover up cases of child abuse in their ranks and obstruct police investigations. In a disturbing new twist to the scandals that have enveloped mainstream churches, Sunday penetrates the highly secretive Watchtower and Bible Tract Society the official name of the Jehovahs Witnesses which claims some 60,000 adherents in Australia."

"In a statement to Sunday, the President of the Watchtower Society of Australia, Harold Viv Mouritz, declines to be interviewed but says: My inquiries indicate that the elders involved did not give instructions not to report the abuse to the police. Mr Mouritz denies all knowledge of the concept of theocratic warfare and expresses the churchs abhorrence of child abuse."

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Well, Jools, you're a little late! But we're very glad you made it eventually!!!

Check out these threads:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=37793&site=3

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=36971&site=3

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=37111&site=3

Hope you enjoy the program.

Thanks for bringing this important program to our attention again.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Prisca
    Prisca

This is old news, sorry You can see the show on the Audio/Video Media section of this site

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/media.asp?site=3

• Prisca
    Prisca

Great minds think alike, Ozzie!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Great minds indeed!

Still Special Pioneering, eh?

Ozzie

• Jools j
    Jools j

and i'm glad i'm way behind on this cos it'll maybe bring it to the attention of others who have yet to see this story.
    obviously you've put some valuable work into this production, so thank you for all your efforts.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Jools,

Thanks for giving us the opportunity of re-visiting this topic.

Note that in the report, the Australia Branch co-ordinator responded to the program in a statement:

In a statement to Sunday, the President of the Watchtower Society of Australia, Harold "Viv" Mouritz, declines to be interviewed but says: "My inquiries indicate that the elders involved did not give instructions not to report the abuse to the police." Mr Mouritz denies all knowledge of the concept of "theocratic warfare" and expresses the churchs abhorrence of child abuse.

Now note what past issues of The Watchtower have stated:

In carnal warfare it is essential that officers and other personnel have briefing sessions so as to be kept up-to-date on the movements on the battlefield and the latest enemy strategy. Likewise, our meetings at the Kingdom Hall or elsewhere are vital so that we may be regularly strengthened by the Word of God and his holy spirit, as well as being kept alert to the movements of the enemy. March 1, 1983 p19

As a soldier of Christ he is in theocratic warfare and he must exercise added caution when dealing with Gods foes. Thus the Scriptures show that for the purpose of protecting the interests of Gods cause, it is proper to hide the truth from Gods enemies. June 1, 1960 p 352

Perhaps some will wonder as to where the line is to be drawn between use of theocratic war strategy in hiding the truth and the telling of lies. ................Lies are untruths told for selfish reasons and which work injury to others. Satan told a lie to Eve that worked great harm to her and all the human race. Ananias and Sapphira told lies for selfish reasons. But hiding the truth, which he is not entitled to know, from an enemy does not harm him, especially when he would use such information to harm others who are innocent. May 1, 1957 p 285

Who are we to believe?

Cheers, Ozzie

Edited by - ozziepost on 10 November 2002 8:43:12

• metatron
    metatron

Excellent! The quotes and examples about Theocratic Warfare
    are a powerful weapon against the Watchtower. In a court
    situation where one is expected to tell the "truth, the
    whole truth and nothing but the truth", it can be effective
    in damaging their credibility.

Hold their feet to the fire! Keep confronting them with this
    doctrine until they are forced to repudiate it. (never happen!)

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit