Are You A Forgiving Person?

by minimus 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Preston
    Preston

Forgiving?!?! (Guffaw) I'm sorry, but there's just so much I can withstand.

Pushed in too far, and I go from 0 to BITCH10 seconds. There are just certain people I just can't forgive. Case in point, the governing body. As far as I'm concerned, there's noo point in forgiving them since they're going to hell in a hand basket where they'll be forced to read Dr. Phil self-help books and listen to Supertramp for an eternity. MWUH-HA-HA-HAH!

Other than that, I'm a pretty easy-going guy, and generally forgiving ...

• fulano
    fulano

Bunch of softies

• Matty
    Matty

Fulano, another softie here!

I don't demand apologies from anyone, it's pointless. You show that you care about someone because of your actions, not what you say. It's a shame though when your friends are less forgiving of you than you are of them, that kind of inequality really hurts.

Sometimes friends can be really mean to you, but because you care for them so much you are forgiving, trying to see things from their point of view. Then when you perhaps say something annoying to them, they then decide to reject you, completely forgetting that they have been far ruder to you in the past.

• searcher
    searcher

I am forgiving if someone does something by accident, or out of ignorence, but if they do something on purpose the sparks fly.

searcher.

• shera
    shera

Yes,I'm very forgiving BUT,I will not let people walk over me.

Also,depends on what the person does,if they are miserible people,I forgive but keep them out of my life.

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

"Forgiving is not forgetting, it's letting go of the hurt."-Mary McLeod Bethune

I don't want to carry the burdens of bitterness in my life. Not to let old resentments drag me down any longer in my life......so I try to be forgiving.

• minimus
    minimus

Carrying the burdens of bitterness does no one any good.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

minimus - exactly

it really depends on the situation

For the most part the little things just aren't worth getting my knickers in a knot over so let it go.

ABUSE though any kind of abuse is not acceptable and really hard to forgive. And when I say abuse that ranges from a father who plans how to get me alone and keep me quiet so he can sexually abuse me --- to a husband who shoves a Bible in my face and tells me I have to obey to what he says --- to a boss who allows staff to scream and denigrate the homeless --- to a friend who no matter how many times I tell her that what she says hurts my feelings but does it anyways and says she is just joking --- to an organization who says "Leave it in Jehovah's hands" and does nothing to protect children and wives who are victims of abuse - to a province that enacts laws to treat residents as less valued than other residents because they don't speak a certain language. I will also add acts of abuse that occur through omission - that through their unwillingness to act when they know they should.

People make mistakes. I know I've made plenty of them but the disregard for the pain and suffering we might inadvertently cause another is easy to let go of. I have a much harder time with the deliberate acts that cause hurt.

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

Definite Forgiver; I realise I need people to be just as understanding with me!!

• Englishman
    Englishman

I forgive anyone who apologises.

Fortunately, I have not yet had a letter of apology from Mill Hill.

Englishman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit