Are You A Forgiving Person?

by minimus 19 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

or do you tend to hold grudges?

• dsgal
    dsgal

I am forgiving but I don't hang around to let someone poop on my head.

• Been there
    Been there

I am forgiving if some one apolagizes and means it. If there is little remorse then I am cautiouly forgiving. If a repeat offender with no remorse, I can hold a grudge for a lifetime. It all depends on how much I was hurt by the offense. I just resently let go of a grudge I held for 40 years. What I find more disturbing is if someone proves untrustworthy, I will never trust them again.

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

I can be forgiving, but forgiveness depends on how many times you want to get slapped in the face or how many times you turn to the other cheek. I have learned to toughen up a bit.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

I am forgiving and I don't hold grudges.

I also don't forget.

• myself
    myself

I am an easy going person. It takes alot for me to reach the "boiling point". Once I reach that point I am usually past the point of "forgiving".

• minimus
    minimus

I try to be a forgiving person. Most people that offend don't really mean it. If someone purposely and uncaringly tries to hurt you, I tend not to give that person the benefit of the doubt. Hence, I don't easily forgive under those circumstances.

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

You know, from what you've read of me in the bible you'd think I'm forgiving but, like so many other things in the bible that are incredibly wrong, I'm not forgiving at all. I'm still pissed off at Peter over that whole denial thing.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

I am forgiving and am willing to take a lot from people. But, pushed too far, my forgiveness goes out the window.

Hurt me once, shame on you. Hurt me twice, shame on me!

Lew W

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

I am very forgiving I cannot be mad for more than 5 minutes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit