Why Are JWs So Hard To Get Through To?

by Tower Man 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Tower Man
    Tower Man

Hi Everyone,

We have a brand new audio mp3 on our site. It's by Fran Sankey and it's called, "Witnessing To Jehovah's Witnesses". Fran shares some practical witnessing tips, discusses the Watchtower mindset and reveals reasons why Jehovah's Witnesses are so difficult to penetrate with the Gospel. It's at http://www.towertotruth.net/audio.htm

Hope you enjoy.

PS. Fran would like some feedback on his teaching.

Tower Man

• donkey
    donkey

It seems like a clear answer to me: JWs have left other religions or have been born into the JW faith. Trying to persuade them to join another religions would seem like the least probable approach of getting through to them.

• shera
    shera

Hi,

Thanks for the site

• Beans
    Beans

Its a cult.........

Beans

Canadian District Overbeer

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• donkey
    donkey

The site you reference tries to appeal to JWs with alternate religious teaching....the blind leading the blind.

• Tower Man
    Tower Man

Hi Donkey,

Since you feel as though religion doesn't work when trying to get through to a JW (which I basically agree with), what is your plan or the method you use to reach them?

Thanks for your responses.

T Man

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Reading the "What first made you question?" thread, it seems apparent that most of the people on this site left the org over 1 of 2 things:

The clash between experience as Doctrine dictates it should be, and experience as they actually experience it. The two do not coincide.This includes the great number of people who left the org because of the lack of "personal love" within an organization that claims to be a Utopia of love and perfection. (Liftons Doctrine/Reality criteria)

The discovery of a history of false prophecy and doctrinal shift and the coverup of this aimed at maintaining the infallibility and unchangingness of the "Channel" through which the unchanging and perfect God speaks (FDS)

In seeking to assist Witnesses to get out of the Org, it seems logical to focus upon these matters when talking to them.

Edited by - refiners fire on 9 November 2002 17:56:25

• Francois
    Francois

Because their minds are slammed tightly shut.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Here is my two cents worth on getting through to JW's.

When I talk to JW's I rarely bring up doctrine for 2 reasons.

1. They believe what the Watchtower says over what the bible says. If the bible contradicts the Watchtower teachings, they believe the Watchtower. So showing them biblical doctrine, IMO, is not the most practical way to get through to them.

2. I found that most JW's are not that versed in the bible. They are taught and well versed in scriptures the Watchtower wants them to know and believe the twisted translation in the NWT. They do not research the bible or scripture that is not in Watchtower publications.

I find the best way to make them think is to have them question the Watchtower Society themselves. They must break their trust in the organization first.

Devon

Edited by - devonmcbride on 9 November 2002 20:25:36

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

I agree with refiner and Donkey. Trying to show a JW how Witness doctrine is faulty is almost impossible. For every scripture you find, they will have a different one. There is a thread I just read that tries to explain or "prove" the Trinity. It is a complete waste of time. Speaking for myself, now that I have discovered that JW's are just another religion, and that the Bible is just an old book, why would I be interested in joining another group that teaches basically the same kind of doodle?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit