Anyone ever led on by a member of opposite sex?

by chachasmum 22 Replies latest jw friends

• chachasmum
    chachasmum

It happened to me before I was ever baptized, and continued on after I was baptized. It ended when I confronted him and took it to the elders. I didn't get anywhere with that so, I moved to a different congregation. Not only was he an elder but, a bethelite also. Get this: He went over the baptismal questions with me in his room at bethel...oh, but he left the door open. LOL! Afterwards, he played Enya, and ran into the bathroom and did a quick change of clothes. He also led another sister on who happened to be in love with him. And played sisters against one another. To cut a long story short he was an A$$HOLE, who got away with breaking the borgs rules. To repair his tattered reputation, he got married to a pioneer sister from Japan. It was the beginning of my descent out of the org.

Chachasmum

Edited by - chachasmum on 9 November 2002 13:54:26

Edited by - chachasmum on 9 November 2002 13:57:21

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Chach, sorry you were hurt by this jerk. But look on the bright side, it helped open your eyes.

As for him, remember, time wounds all heels.

Lew W

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

D-Red,

What a handsome boy you are!

• Matty
    Matty

Anyone ever led on by a member of opposite sex?
    Oh, lord, tell me about it!

• Robdar
    Robdar

Yes, I have been led on by guys. But, on the other hand, I have been accused by men of doing the same thing to them. I guess it all comes out even.

The best thing to do in this situation is let it go. This guy wasn't the one you wanted him to be. Your true love is still waiting for you. Get out there and find him. Enjoy your journey.

Love,

Robyn

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

It's all in perspective. One may feel they are being led on, another feels they are just being a good friend and on the level. It's sometimes hard to tell if we are leading people on/being led on or if we are just crappy communicators...

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

LOL, Spanner. That's only me when I am in my Maynard G. Krebs moods.

Lew W (of the loved Dobie Gillis class)

• wednesday
    wednesday

I've heard elders counsel young men to be careful about this. There is generally more women than men in the org. and sisters wanting to marry , he said may take just being friendly the wrong way.. then agian there are the jerks out there. I know an middle age sis that was so infactuated with a bro. he really was just being kind and friendly-but she was divorced and eager to remarry. He found someone, and she felt terribly hurt that somehow she had been led on. All agreed , she had not-the sis just had a case of wishful thinking.

Edited by - wednesday on 9 November 2002 15:22:47

• Beans
    Beans

After my sister was married a brother in her cong was sending her love letters, what a whacko, so they split from that cong!

Bro.Quotes ex-wife was having a love letter affair with an elder, more spiritual enlightenment, but as we all know we are not perfect!

Beans

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

Solution: Get out of the Organization if you're still in it!!! LOL

So, sorry to hear that you were hurt by this Jerk; there are quite a few like that among the JW's, there out there in the "world" too, but not so many. One thing about non JW's; atleast they aren't afraid to make their REAL intentions known. lol Glad to see you are out of the organization: Congratulations!!! I think just about all of us have had this situation happen at least once in our lives.

A lot of people, men and women have a hard time with REALITY when it comes to the matter of: is a member of the opposite sex really interested or not. I think people have an extremely hard time with the fact that the other person DOES NOT have the same feelings. Therefore feelings of rejection and resentment set in. Fine line between Love and Hate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit