Mother Teresa Comments WT 09-15-2002

by jgnat 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jgnat
    jgnat

I have been waiting to see what the WTS has to say about this little nun. Here it is in Can SAINTS Help You? WT September 15, 2002, introductory article, The Modern Appeal of Saints

Remember when we were supposed to be jaded about heroes? That didnt seem to affect the 4.2 million Americans who watched the funeral of Mother Teresa on Sept. 13. Since her death on Sept. 5, people have bombarded the Vatican with requests to have her formally declared a saint. Few people doubt it will happen. Sun-Sentinel, US, October 3, 1997

The humanitarian and charitable work of Catholic missionary Mother Teresa is looked upon by many as the essence of saintliness....Pope John Paul II has canonized over 450 persons during his papal rule, more than the number canonized by all other popes of the 20th century combined.

What continues in that article and the next outlines the Catholic church's doctrinal errors in the area of saints. According to the Watchtower Society, the Catholic church does not have the authority to appoint saints. Saints, or anointed ones, have already been appointed and determined by the FDS. Oops. I mean Jehovah God has carefully chosen these men and women.

According to the Watchtower Society, the outstanding humanitarian accomplishments of Mother Teresa did not qualify her for a heavenly reward, or the designation of saint, or Holy One. The hard working anointed ones, and I have to assume the humble members of the Governing Body as well, are the only ones approved by Jehovah for the heavenly reward. Here is what Jesus said about the matter:

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: for I was hungry, and ye gave me to eat; I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink; I was a stranger, and ye took me in; naked, and ye clothed me; I was sick, and ye visited me; I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Mat 25:34-36 ASV

It is so disappointing what the WTS doesn't say about Mother Teresa.

Edited by - jgnat on 9 November 2002 13:12:14

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

If you look carefully at those pictures of Mother Teresa, you can see that WTS illustrators have inserted the subliminal image of the face of an old woman.

Edited by - Nathan Natas on 9 November 2002 13:13:39

• jgnat
    jgnat

ROTFL. Thanks, Nathan. I needed that. Good point. From the subtle clues in the post-armageddon earth on page 7, the inheritors of Jehovah's promise are all young and fresh-faced. Not a wrinkle amongst them.

Also, flamingoes will happily share the earth's abundance of bananas, strawberries,and lemonade with the rest of God's creatures. Men will not concerned about being mistaken for a fruit by painting pretty pictures while wearing argyle socks.

Edited by - jgnat on 9 November 2002 13:24:28

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

There's not many things quite so bizarre as the wts' claim to authority - I'm convinced it must be the illusion of all those clean clothes and 'normal' looking people.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This may be yesterdays topic but I want to add that - Of course the WTS does not recognize the good works of Mother Teresa, or anybody else who only does good to "Worldlings". After all, the kids she picked from the street were only Hindu, and presumably she christened them Catholic, so that is one part of Satan's world to another.

The only works that count are the metaphorical good works to "One of the least of these my brothers" THEM ! in their eyes.

The rest of us are only fit to be fed to the scavenging birds after the Big A. ..

BluesBrother of the "Ive had a bad day and I'm sick of it all,class!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Good points BB.

I remember making a comment to a very prominent bro in my area about how I thought JW's could do more charity in addition to the preaching work.

His glib, borg-brained response was, "well, if you give a man a fish, you feed him for 1 day. If you teach a man to fish, you feed him for the rest of his life".

Sorry, but the ppls in India need a little something more than for someone to come along and "teach them to fish".

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Watchtower saints:

Nathan Knorr, Fred Franz, Milton Henschel, Albert Schroeder, Carey Barber, Theodore Jaracez, John E. Barr, Lyman Single, Daniel Sydlik, Garet Losch, Samuel Herd, Guy Pierce, Steve Lett, David Splane, T.J. Sullivan, etc., etc., etc. and the 8,000 (not named) other anointed still living.

One wonders if the grand man who started it all, Charles T. Russell, is still a saint? After all, todayhe would be disfellowshipped for celebrating birthdays, Christmas and holidays; for allowing Bible Students to be involved in the military; for using the Cross; for referring to himself as "the faithful and discreet slave" rather than an organization (the Watchtower Society); for teaching pyramidology; for selling "Miracle Wheat"; for signing his own books.

Also, questionable, is Judge Joseph Rutherford. He, too, signed his own books. And beer parties at Bethel would be a grounds for disfellowshipping, as well.

And, of course, there are those anointed governing body members who have been dis-anointed like Ray Franz, in other words, saints who are no longer saints.

The W.T. Society, too, selects its own saints, does it not?

• hurt
    hurt

"His glib, borg-brained response was, "well, if you give a man a fish, you feed him for 1 day. If you teach a man to fish, you feed him for the rest of his life"."

Meaning: teaching a man to fish means making him go empty to the field to be a fisher of men and women and children, no? JW unity fosters on being wicked to the outside world in the most fundamental and humane way. How they miss the lesson of the parable of the good Samaritan is amazing. Mother Theresa represents what the JW machine is not: compassion, and humanity.

• Gopher
    Gopher

The WT Society's jealousy regarding the works and the praise given to Mother Theresa (although she didn't seek such accolades) is very transparent.

Mother Theresa was one of the finest, most unselfish people of the last century. WTS how low can you go by taking a subtle swipe at her record, as though it doesn't even matter?

Oh yeah I guess pushing books and magazines into hands of people matters more.

• Dia
    Dia

The way they dismiss her offhand reminds me of something that very little children do with something very valuable.

They just don't have the maturity yet to appreciate the value of something.

The problem is that the WTS has that same level of immaturity but way, way too much authority and responsibility. Especially in the eyes of some 6M people.

It's like giving a loaded handgun to a 4-year old.

It's very unfortunate that this circumstance is allowed to exist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit