commendation for discernment

by derrickb007 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

Dear derrickb007,

Welcome to the forum.

I really enjoyed reading your post. Thank you.

I'am a Jehovah God witness also.

I left the Watchtower organization quietly; and I find it's working very well for me. I'am so happy I choose this way out as I remain in peace with everyone. I feel that I never left my brothers and sisters whom I love very much, but I left a religious dictactorial cult whose members are treated like slaves of men.

There are so many doctrines fabricated by the Watchtower Society - to many to mention, but one particular doctrine that has left me dumbfounded : their denial of Jesus Christ as mediator to all men - this one left me profoundly sorrowed as there is no Scriptural basis for it. Indeed, this doctrine is un-Christian and has no fundamental basis on the Bible, but rather a man-made doctrine created by the Watchtower's very own Judge Rutherford. What has left me astounded is the fact that the Watchtower Society does not teach Bible students, (unbaptized persons) about this doctrine- I was never taught that Jesus Christ mediated only to the 144,000, sealed, anointed while I was still a Bible student. Why is that? Is it because there is no Scriptural basis for it?

1 CORINTHIANS 7:23:" YOU were bought with a price; stop becoming slaves of men."

1 TIMOTHY 2:5,6:(5) " For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man Christ Jesus,(6):" who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all --- [this is] what is to be witnessed to at its own particular times."

Christian Love,

AwakenedAndFree

• Prisca
    Prisca

Derrick,

Hi and welcome to the board.

I was in your position about 3 years ago. I did the "slow fade" - gradually reducing the number of meetings I attended, and hours of service, until I stopped altogether. This enables me to still talk to family members who are JWs and other members of the cong.

If you speak up about your feelings re the Organisation, you will be classed as an apostate and ultimately either df'd or da'd. Don't bother printing off reams of information for the elders to read - they won't, and you'll be kicked out of the cong before you know it.

My suggestion is that you read, read and read some more. Look up the threads that deal with da'ing/df'ing vs fading away. If you have family that are jws, then you will want to consider how leaving the jws will affect your relationship with your family.

Whatever you do, do what's right for YOU.

• jack2
    jack2

dantheman said : I think it is better to do a fade-out. The Watchtower seems to have caught on that many are doing this though, so it is becoming more and more difficult. The current state of paranoia in the halls of Brooklyn is becoming increasingly palpable. Be careful

Prisca said:

I was in your position about 3 years ago. I did the "slow fade" - gradually reducing the number of meetings I attended, and hours of service, until I stopped altogether. This enables me to still talk to family members who are JWs and other members of the cong.

If you speak up about your feelings re the Organisation, you will be classed as an apostate and ultimately either df'd or da'd. Don't bother printing off reams of information for the elders to read - they won't, and you'll be kicked out of the cong before you know it.

My suggestion is that you read, read and read some more. Look up the threads that deal with da'ing/df'ing vs fading away. If you have family that are jws, then you will want to consider how leaving the jws will affect your relationship with your family.

Good suggestions by dantheman and Prisca repectively. Derrick, I ceratinly agree with their suggestions.
  • czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

My recommendation is to do it the way I did it,

I went to college, got really really drunk, and then hopped into bed with two college coeds at the same time.

However, I realize that you might have a problem with that flamboyant style of rebellion. And if you still believe in Jehovah, you'll have problems along those lines. So, if you want to maintain a clean moral conscience, DA yourself.

It's fiercer and harder than anything you've been prepared for. It hurt. Dear God, it hurt. Thank Jehovah I hadn't invested too much of my life in that Behemoth. But overall, if you go out, and tell everyone WHY you went out, it might convince some others to join you.

I'm with you on scriptural grounds. I think the disgusting thing has stood in the holy place, and the man of lawlessness has been revealed (and it wasn't me... this time), and anybody in the WT should run for it!

BTW, I'm thinking of hitting up the next convention with some leaflets stressing the UN connection and connecting it with the disgusting thing of Daniel. Comments anyone?

CZAR

• link
    link

Hi Derrick and welcome,

You said in your initial post:

They claim also to be "God's spirit directed organization on earth", but would god's spirit direct them to establish membership with the UN?

This pre-supposes that you believe their interpretation regarding the U.N. which pre-supposes that they are the FDS which pre-supposes..

If you think about it, I am not going off topic with this thought, it gives you an idea as to what the starting point should be.

Regards

link

Edited by - link on 10 November 2002 5:23:27

• derrickb007
    derrickb007

Thank you all for your comments, it has really got me thinking. Just to clear up a few points, I don't subscribe to the Societies view that the UN is the wild beast (maybe it is, maybe it isn't), but the Society believes that they are, and by establishing a membership with them they are hypocrites.

Also I'm not going to print out reams of info. for the elders. No, that would be pointless. I think instead I'm going to print out reams of info for the congregation members. That ought to stir things up more effectively. If i'm going to be Df'd, it may as well be in a hail of gunfire.

Thanks again for all your support.

ps: I've talked to some already. My father agrees, my mother doesn't agree or disagree, my wife has left me, and an elder agrees and has deleted himself from being an elder.

Edited by - derrickb007 on 10 November 2002 12:40:21

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Congratulations on your own excellent effectiveness, DerrickB! Your decision to inform the members of your congregation of what you have found is the kind and generous and loving thing to do.

"When persons are in great danger from a source that they do not suspect or are being misled by those they consider their friends, is it an unkindness to warn them? They may prefer not to believe the warning. They may even resent it. But does that free one from the moral responsibility to give that warning?"

- THE WATCHTOWER January 15,1974

• Downunderandout
    Downunderandout

Welcome Derrick

You have many options in getting out, if you make a big scene while doing it you will quickly be shut up and DF'd and perhaps limiting the amount of contact in your Con'g. You could subtly advise persons of you thoughts (as you are doing) and when you feel you have achieve what you want, start the slow fade out.

There are many people here who can help by telling you how they over came obstacles that you will come up against. In any case, please keep us informed on how it is going.

J.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit