commendation for discernment

by derrickb007 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• derrickb007
    derrickb007

Please forgive me if this goes to the wrong forum. It's the first time i've posted anything on the internet. I must commend you on the time and research you all have done on this subject. I do not know if you all are witnesses, or were witnesses, but you have shown remarkable insight into the nature of these discussions.

Currently, I am still one of Jehovah's Witnesses (rank and file position if that means anything). Nothing of this matter has been brought to my attention in the congregations by the Society, but then it does not suprise me. I agree that the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society stands in a position where it does not belong. Certain things that have been done, and condoned, in the name of the Society are anti-scriptural, and I believe Jehovah will deal with them for doing the things they have done.

It would seem that they mimic the Scribes and Pharisees of Jesus day in their reasonings, believing that they can get away with certain things because they believe themselves to be " God's chosen people". They claim also to be "God's spirit directed organization on earth", but would god's spirit direct them to establish membership with the UN?

In regards to receiving info from the society about this matter, don't hold your breath. They will not come out and openly admit to this unless they first think up of an excuse to smooth things over. You will not be able to overpower them with any fancy reasonings or words, the same way Jesus couldn't de-throne the Scribes and Pharisees of his day. We are powerless to do anything, that is why Jehovah must deal with them for straying from true worship. Just don't lose your peace over the matter.

On the matter of trying to convert your friends to take their stance against the Society, keep in mind that you will convince some, but you will not be able to convince many. Jesus with all his powerful works and reasonings could not convince the majority back in Jerusalem, and they eventually killed him because of their lack of reasoning and discernment. Do not lose your peace over the matter, simply move on to the next individual. As Jesus said in Mathew 10: 13, "If the house is deserving, let the peace you wish it come upon it; but if it is not deserving, let the peace from you return upon you".

Keep up the good work.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Derrickb007 and welcome to the board!

At first I wasn't quite sure WHO you were addressing your comments to, but then when I read, "you have shown remarkable insight..." I understood immediately that you were directing your comments to ME.

Be assured of my continuing good works on behalf of yourself and the brothers worldwide.

• nonjwalltheway
    nonjwalltheway

I almost became a JW until I discovered that The Watchtower makes up rules that have nothing to do with scripture and they try to control every aspect of the lives of their membership. I figured out that this was not a religion, but a control group and that god of the JW religion was The Watchtower itself. I wish you luck ( I am not praying to the god of luck) in finding out the true intentions of this wicked religion.

• shera
    shera

Hi and welcome derrick,

Nice post

• derrickb007
    derrickb007

Thanks for your responses. Just to clear the record for Nathan Natas, my comments were directed to all, which includes you.

• Ginosko
    Ginosko

Welcome Derrick,

As I read you realice the problem with the JW because the UN-WT affair as me, and also that you actually are a JW. What are your plans in the next future regarding your position as a JW ?

Best Regards.

Edited by - Ginosko on 9 November 2002 15:24:41

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

lol@ Nathan.

welcome to the forum derrick. You're carrying around some real dead weight (religiously speaking) in your mind, but keep it (your mind)open and I predict that life is going to get alot easier and more straightforward for you from here on out.

Read up on Occam's Razor.

• derrickb007
    derrickb007

Someone had asked what am I going to do. Good question. There is only one thing that I can do according to the scriptures, and that is flee from this religion. However, even though I plan to leave, I also need to make this knowledge public to others who are in the congregations so they can draw their own conclusions. If I leave now, no one will fellowship or talk to me. Does anyone have any suggestions?

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    However, even though I plan to leave, I also need to make this knowledge public to others who are in the congregations so they can draw their own conclusions. If I leave now, no one will fellowship or talk to me. Does anyone have any suggestions?

There have been dozens of threads on this forum concerning disasociation, as to whether or not it is a good idea. It is a case-by-case basis.

I mistakenly thought that my disassociating might get some to think, but I don't think it has. Dubs are not trained to think on their own, rather they are to "guard against independent thinking"(tm). And even if they see some of the BS, they prefer their comfortable JW life to the uncertainties of life outside the borg.

I think it is better to do a fade-out. The Watchtower seems to have caught on that many are doing this though, so it is becoming more and more difficult. The current state of paranoia in the halls of Brooklyn is becoming increasingly palpable. Be careful.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day and welcome aboard, Derrick.

You're most welcome here.

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit