peace

by Realist 32 Replies latest jw friends

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I don't think it is putting the buggy before the horse. Not this time.

I understand what you are saying about Japan and Germany, but those were very different. There werent dozens of new dictators waiting in the wings. Each were a pretty united front. As for it never happening again there, you do know they just elected a guy in Germany who has neo-nazi leanings right? The only reason Japan won't try it again is because they aren't allowed to have a military. For the person (sorry I forgot who said it) who said that Saddam is keeping those factions way underground that is not the case at all. Saddams grasp isn't nearly as tight as it would seem.

It really disturbs me the people here, and who I saw my campus with this "with us or against us" philosophy. Let 'em burn Animal? You and I haven't got a lot in common, I realize that, but my opinion of you has greatly lowered, not that you need to care.

TR why can't your daughter go to Italy? That's bogus!

Lew, I appreciate the info you sent to me via e-mail. I will look at it. I do understand where you are coming from, and you also seem very passionate about what you believe in. I am gonna leave this discussion now because I have said all I can say about it, and reading this and how insensitive some people can be just makes me sad.

The thing about democracy is I am entitled to my opinion and to cry it from the roof tops, for those of you who want to silence people that are skeptical of war, well--welcome to democracy in action.

Thanks all for the discussion, it was interesting to say the least.

-joanna of the "likes to see cooler heads prevail" class

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Not silence you Joanna, "readjust" you watchtower style!

No, actually, I agree with those guys, but your "milk and cookies for everyone" attitude is just too cute.

• freedomhouse3
    freedomhouse3

Here's my perspective on the possible war on Iraq. I wish that the U.S. government would own the responsibility of creating this monster. We had supported this regime (sp?) right up until he invaded Kuiwait in 1990. I believe that if the U.S. admit that we created this monster then we must state to the world that we must destroy this monster then we would have the world supporting us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit