Working hard at nothing all day

by RubyTuesday 24 Replies latest jw friends

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

Crystal grower, 1/1000th as interesting as it sounds. Busily doing nothing, working the whole day through, trying to find lots of things not to do Busily doing nothing, isn't it just a crime, I'd like to be unhappy, but I never do have the time.

IG

• animal
    animal

I am what is refered to as a "drafting whore" or "CAD cowboy"... contract worker that goes where the work is.... I get to travel to manufacturing outfits and help them design new machinery, anything from farm equipment to satellites to army tanks. While the travel sucks, the overtime is good..... pays for my bikes.

Animal

• LB
    LB

I'm a retired construction worker that now raises horses, drives a school bus part time and coaches cross country and boys basketball at the highschool.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Hey Lew, nice to have a fellow tech on the board, even if you do work at a dealer.

You ever do any exhaust work? I spent 5 years at Meineke and was trained by one of the best in the business. This guy had 30 years of pipe bending experience, worked on some of Elvis Presley's cars when he lived in Memphis, and his dad ran the exhaust on the Batmobile used in the original tv series. I do some exhaust work once in a while where I am now but have to be real selective because we don't have a welder or a pipe bender. All we have is a torch and it took a year of begging for them to buy me that.

Mike.

• Matty
    Matty

I'm another geeky computer programmer I'm afraid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit