Dr Applewhite and Child Abuse

by snare&racket 48 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I am shocked that an expert would simply examine only the literature given to her by the organisation she was defending and simply accept it. Also the ease she has in making huge sweeping statements when comparing the JW's to all other international religious organisations simply undermines her professionalism.

I am also thoroughly shocked at her blatant, 'expert for hire', 'will defend anyone' apparent decision making, the organisation is responsible for covering up thousands of abuse victims by its own records, in Australia alone! Never mind their judicial process being heartless and traumatic!

She is not a lawyer, but a child abuse expert .....apparently.... and I am appalled by her work and activity having read her conclusions. Again, truly Shameful.

Her conclusions about the JW's for which I was a member for 25 years are so far from reality. it discredits her opinion on anything else she had researched or stated. If she could be so wrong about the JW's then she is simply unreliable.

I can't help but ask, is she that poor an expert or that poor in moral stature?

Thr first rule of science is CRITUCAL APPRAISAL and the first thing you hunt for is bias. She has clearly sold out on her professionalism. The truly awful thing is, she has stood in defence of those that have made child abuse victims suffer more than necessary and in some cases contributed to abuse by covering up and reassigning abusers. Her defence alone being that they publish pleasantries about abuse victims. How shameful! She is supposed to be contributing to improvements in child abuse as an expert not DEFEND those that have made it worse.

i shall be writing to her.

Dr S

• StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku

"Expert witnesses" are a dime a dozen.

In the United States, it is possible to drag someone off the streets and certify him/her as an "expert witness" without any deep qualifications. I can get an "expert witness" to argue that the earth is flat. Hell, I can be an expert witness. In the US, the onus is on the Judge is to decide if they are qualified to be an "expert". Unfortunately, the judges typically do not do their homework to determine if the person is following the generally acceptable scientific consensus.

• millie210
    millie210

Continuing in the vein of thought that "experts" are easy to find, this is a Wickipedia

link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Joo/Context_debate_on_Catholic_sex_abuse_cases

Recently charges have been sought against Dr. Monica Applewhite for her prominent role in not reporting and covering up child abuse allegations. Along with Dr. Applewhite New Orleans Archbishop Gregory Aymond, Rev. Ed Chiffriller - Immediate Past Superior General of the Society of St. Joseph, and the General Council of the Society of St. Joseph.

The black and white evidence is particularly disturbing especially in that Applewhite confirms in a letter that she received complaints, asked no questions or details and did no investigation of follow-up concerning the child abuse allegations reported to have taken place at a Catholic School by school administrators / teachers.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Methodical attempt by the WBTS to have a token female in this role, a paid expert witness. "Lookie! We likes the wimens!"

Problem is, nothing she can say will override the procedural words in the Flock book.

This. Is. Awesome.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Wow, now she ....the JW expert witness has now sold them down the river and finally put her conscience and professionalism first, having been shown to be empty in her expertise.

what an amazing process. Shame on her.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

The Governing Body must be thinking boy pay this female a lot of money for her expert testimony and she is flubbing it royally I hoping we could get a refund or no tip for her.

I wonder if Tight Pants Tony likes her tight clothing which Jehovah finds disgusting representing his freakish viewpoints of right and wrong to the world.

• Sabin
    Sabin
    I smell a rat here boys & girls, WTBTS in the top 40 riches companies in the world, why the hell would they use this woman. Something is wrong. You get to control the way millions of people think around the world & then make this kind of slip up. They are sending some sort of underlying message here. And why a catholic at that, they hate catholics. I don't know what it is but its going to be clever. What expert takes the stand and says they only looked at the info given by the WTBTS. Her reputation will be over, they must have paid her enough to retire on. I don't like it. Am I alone in this?
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99
    It's quite simple Sabin. No rat here. The WTS found the only person with the paper credentials prepared to be a hired gun for them. When push came to shove she had to revert to self preservation. The only reason that has not happened so far in this process is because all the others have been Elders who have had to stick to defending their masters.
  • Sabin
    Sabin
    Oh my goodness. I think this may be the reason. What is the one thing you remember about her, not just you but the public in general. Not that shes a doctor, but that she is a CATHOLIC and a WOMAN. They have hung her out to dry to change the misconception of the public that JW don't hate worldly people and they don't keep women down. And get the catholics back in the lime light to take emphasis of them. In effect they have just undermined all the victims testimonies as well by this. The royal commission are dealing with unbelievably clever people, who do not play by the rules.
  • Watchtower-Free

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit