1,000's are DF'd Each Year...

by Funchback 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dsgal
    dsgal

Yes,I definitely remember hearing those talks from the platform.The last circuit assembly I attended they gave a talk and said "Of the newly baptized each year,1% is disfellowshipped,1% is disassociated,1% drifts away.I am of the latter 1%.

'

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

JT,

I normally understand everything you write, and get what you mean, but I have been trying to figure out your CHEESE CRACKER men expression? Help me, please?

Danny

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Thanks for posting your thoughts.

It is odd that they openly publish such statistics. One reason that comes to mind as to why they would do this, is that they may want "the world" to know, that anyone claiming to be/ or known to be among their ranks as a JW, come with the best credentials. They are the cream of the crop, keeping their organization clean and worthy. Anyone not meeting those conditions are ousted, which as they say are "thousands DF'd each year".

Since they continually proclaim that the whole world is in the power of "the evil one", this cleansing would "appear to be necessary". It's psycological game playing at it's best. And, they are very good at what they do.

Edited by - Sentinel on 9 November 2002 19:47:25

• Funchback
    Funchback

yucca-

I agree with you 100% that it's a fear tactic. You are also correct in saying that JW leaders take away the flocks' free will. The main way they accomplish this is by the threat of DFing. No matter what "level" you are on in the JW religion, you can never walk away from the religion. Eventually, somehow/someway, they find a reason to announce that you are DFd, DAd, or no longer an unbaptized publisher. Great point on the "conquered without war" comment!

• Funchback
    Funchback

JT-

I never realized that they stopped publishing the DFd figures. It's funny how they stop doing certain things and sometimes one never realizes that there has been a change. Still, you can go to your local Kingdom Hall and hear the term "thousands are disfellowshipped each year" spoken from the platform quite regularly. Perhaps putting the DFd #'s in the Mags discouraged those who were studying to be a JW. Who knows? I mean, they are desperate for growth. Oh, and like you JT, I would love to see the reinstatement #'s.

• Funchback
    Funchback

Kenpodragon-

Here are the results:

Positive Words

Love- (Books, Mags, etc...) 32,276. Understand that I did NOT see how the word was used in these publications. No doubt, some of the time it was used in the context of "people who love the world...", "love money", etc.

Family- (Books, Mags, etc...) 26,269

Kindness- (Books, Mags, etc...) 4,363

Negative Words

Destruction (Books, Mags, etc...) 7,943

Fear (Books, Mags, etc...) 9,825

Hate (Books, Mags, etc...) 1,723

Ken, it appears that the positive words far outweigh the negative words.

• Funchback
    Funchback

jack2 and Dutchie...

I agree with all that you said.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I just recently heard from the platform that 6,000 are df'd each month for immorality; that makes it 70,000 plus taking the back door out of the org, not the mythical 40,000. It was 40,000 some 20 years ago, for crying out loud.

I also would love to get the real numbers; why are they such a secret?

Oh yeah, I forgot; I am in the modern day equivalent of big brother.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit