More intolerance from the Boyscouts

by crownboy 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

I was a cub scout until my parents were converted to dubbism. here's the oath of allegiance that I took, it's Baden Powells original:

On my honor I promise that I will do my best, to do my duty to God and the King, to help other people all the time, to obey the Scout Law.

(current) On my honor, I promise that I will do my best to do my duty to God and to the Queen, to help other people and to keep the Scout Law.

I guess you can't be an atheist and a scout.

Englishman.

• borgfree
    borgfree
    I was a cub scout until my parents were converted to dubbism. here's the oath of allegiance that I took, it's Baden Powells original:

On my honor I promise that I will do my best, to do my duty to God and the King, to help other people all the time, to obey the Scout Law.

Wow Englishman, I can barely remember when there was a King in England,......and....I thought I was old.

Borgfree

• JT
    JT

If you have changed your beliefs and they are now contrary to an organization, why force the organization to go along with you? As in leaving the JWs, my beliefs changed and I left the organization, I did not expect the Watchtower to conform to me. If you no longer believe in something, time to leave it and move on.

This notion that everything must cater to one is dead wrong, in my opinion. There are plenty other organizations to join and still have your new beliefs intact

###########

excellent point

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit