WBTS reply about UN involvement

by Bosho 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Bosho
    Bosho

Okay, firstly appologies for it taking me, like a million years to actually get back to you good people.

I was sent a letter back and guess what... standard reply was issued!

I don't have a scanner (it blew up ages ago!) but the main body of the letter was the same as I've seen on other threads here. But.... I had a photocopy of an article attached! can anyone else lay claim to such an honour?

I can't scan but I've pasted the article directly from the CDROM.

*** w95 10/1 7 A World Without War-When? ***

[Box on page7]

THE

CHRISTIAN VIEW OF THE UNITED NATIONS

In Bible prophecy, human governments are often symbolized by wild beasts. (Daniel 7:6, 12, 23; 8:20-22) Hence, for many decades the Watchtower magazine has identified the wild beasts of Revelation chapters 13 and 17 with todays worldly governments. This includes the United Nations, which is depicted in Revelation chapter 17 as a scarlet-colored beast with seven heads and ten horns.

However, this Scriptural position does not condone any form of disrespect toward governments or their officials. The Bible clearly states: "Let every soul be in subjection to the superior authorities, for there is no authority except by God; the existing authorities stand placed in their relative positions by God. Therefore he who opposes the authority has taken a stand against the arrangement of God; those who have taken a stand against it will receive judgment to themselves."Romans 13:1, 2.

Accordingly, Jehovahs Witnesses, who are maintaining strict political neutrality, do not interfere with human governments. They never foment revolution or participate in acts of civil disobedience. Rather, they recognize that some form of government is necessary to maintain law and order in human society.Romans 13:1-7; Titus 3:1.

Jehovahs Witnesses view the United Nations organization as they do other governmental bodies of the world. They acknowledge that the United Nations continues to exist by Gods permission. In harmony with the Bible, Jehovahs Witnesses render due respect to all governments and obey them as long as such obedience does not require that they sin against God.Acts 5:29.

I don't know how to do all that fancy box thing you all do so well so I've just changed the colour of the ink!

But there you go.... so know we know. What we know I'm still not clear about.

And I'm still waiting for a semi decent response to their explanation behind 1 Pet 3v 15 and it's footnotes.... hum.....

I

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

Good post Bosho,

I think that you may have a long wait for a response from the WT. We had two elders visit us one month ago, and we presented them with all of the evidence (a whole file full) and gave them copies to take away with them - Re: UN involvement, paedophilia, shares in war equipment, failed prophecies etc. We even had the original letter and envelope with the UN postmark, where the UN confirmed that the WT had registered as an NGO with them. They couldn't say it was lies made up on the internet. Well, we are still awaiting some explanation from them, we also wrote to the London Bethel with the same points ages ago, but still haven't had any response and we really don't think that a reply with ever come from them.

Twink

• Quotes
    Quotes

Bosho said:

I don't know how to do all that fancy box thing you all do so well so I've just changed the colour of the ink!

It is easy:

After you have entered the information you want to "box-ify", simply:

1. Select it (i.e. highlight it with your mouse)
    2. Click the RIGHT-MOST button on the top row of the editor window. It is just to the RIGHT of the HAPPY-FACE and looks like a cartoon-word balloon, with a pair of SINGLE QOTES inside the word balloon.

That is all there is to it! One button. Happy-happy!

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

They acknowledge that the United Nations continues to exist by Gods permission. In harmony with the Bible, Jehovahs Witnesses render due respect to all governments and obey them as long as such obedience does not require that they sin against God.Acts 5:29.

COOL.. I learnt something new!!! But shit, I can't get off the red now!!!!

There we go.... - is the above suppose to say its OK to become an NGO and build "support for the UN at the grass-roots level" via propaganda through the Awake! (not the Watchtower).

Looks like a BS line of reasoning and it makes me sick!!!! Living in a country and seeking religious status is a different ball of wax, then what the Society did in jumping into bed with the UN - by the way we've condemned other religions for doing on several occasions.

• lulu
    lulu

We too have given documentation to three elders( arrived at my home without invitation) regarding the U.N. however, they more or less said that they will go away and have a meeting on our punishment for critising the WTBTS for affliating with the wild beast'( their words not ours). So it looks as though one of three things will happen, Disapproved, publicly disaproved or disfellowshipping.

• Bosho
    Bosho

Thanks Quotes.... and everyone else.

The elder I spoke to originaly was quite happy with their response. he could quite obviously see I wasn't buying into the party line so he told me that there have been quite a few instances in the bible of people doing questionable things and getting away with it.

David and his men eating the bread on the altar and Jesus doing things like breaking the mosaic law.

Hum.... not convinced. And feeling even less likely to listen to them after something that happened to us the other night. I've posted it another link if anyone is interested.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Bosho - whats the 'other thing' you speak of?

BTW, I may still at some point feel out my family to see if they know about the UN thing. I bet they have never even heard about it.

• nancee park
    nancee park

Respecting and joining are not the same. They joined as a Non-Governmental Organization.

• Beans
    Beans

Here is some links, great spiritual food EH!

http://www.randytv.com/secret/unitednations.htm

http://www.geocities.com/plowbitch69/index.html

But the botom line is, most JW`s don`t know of this and those that do believe everything that has been told to them by the Watchtower and it is not even a concern!

Beans

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

Canadian District Overbeer

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

When confronted with the UN issue, Watchtower will justify themselves.

Now, I would ask them and or any elder this question, "If they are justified as they want me to believe, then why not publish it, why hide?"

The Watchtower is one of the world's biggest publishing houses. They boast about the number of pieces of literature that they produce. They arrange for FIVE weekly congregational meetings, circuit assemblies and also district.

Through all of that, NOT ONE WORD MENTIONED.

What's there to hide Watchtower? If you are justified then let it come to the light. Why keep it hidden if your hands are clean?

PUBLISH IT! You have done nothing wrong. Put it on one of the many thousands of pages you print.

Evil. That's what you are Watchtower. Just plain evil. Ten years of association, and the supposedly best informed people on Earth hear not one word of it. Evil. Dirt evil!

The Watchtower knows it's guilty as sin, and that's the plain and simple reason they keep this whole conspiracy hidden and hushed up. They know darn well that what they have done is totally unacceptable and the rank & file would revolt outright if it came to their ears.

The judgement in the Bible is clear, in that everyone's judgement will come to them at their own hands an by their own mouth. This incident makes clear that the Watchtower is guilty and they know it. What they printed in 1991 concerning the churches involvment will be their undoing.

The GB should get up in the morning and look their most powerful enemy right in the face, when they look in the mirror.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit