The Sleeping Dragon is Awakening

by Perry 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Perry
    Perry

US officials are signalling that a deal has been reached with France and Russia to overcome their objections to a new resolution against Iraq.

Senior diplomats are discussing the latest resolution drafted by the United States at a closed-door meeting of the UN Security Council.

Iraq... will face serious consequences as a result of its continued violations of its obligations
    Draft US resolution
    The BBC's Middle East analyst, Roger Hardy, says, barring last-minute snags US President George W Bush could have new UN backing - along with his party's election successes - to give him added momentum in his desire to see regime change in Iraq. - BBC

Looks like Bush is making headway with the UN. He is the first president in 68 years to win the House and Senate in his first mid-term election. I wonder what Saddam is thinking right now?

Edited by - Perry on 7 November 2002 4:19:45

Edited by - Perry on 7 November 2002 4:20:31

• UnDisfellowshipped
  • Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

Undisfellowshipped, thanks for posting that site. While I do not look at the world through eyes of a Christian, I do like to read what other's have to say about the NWO. No matter how you slice it, it's damn scary stuff happening each and every day. And the majority of American citizens continue believing the lies told by those intent upon furthering this global agenda.

Anyhow, I've saved the site for further reading.

granny

• breeze
    breeze

Power....

I am new to politics for the most part, being a witness for all those years. I of course have listened to all the garbage that the politicians spewed forth.

My view is that too much power is dangerous for the US. This whole government is meant to have balances and checks.

The arguing and bickering get old sometimes but this is what keeps one individual from getting too much control and doing something stupid.

The country is in trouble and always will be under the republicans because of their narrow view of the needs of the few rather than the good of all. Bush is hell bent on doing something to Iraq. Is it not fueled by his concerns about the control of oil in the region and the concerns of his fellow oil barons.

Maybe I am a nut, but give me good old Bill and his oral sex. At least then my stock was worth something?

BREEZE

• Perry
    Perry

On Sept. 11, we found out who wasn't bluffing

I can certainly see why you would want a pervert in the whitehouse at this time.....NOT

Maybe I am a nut, but give me good old Bill and his oral sex. At least then my stock was worth something?

Yes, that's brillant...just let the economy dictate foreign policy. Not to worry though. There are those that are willing to die to protect your right to stick your head....Get your WT blinders off and realize that there is much evil in the world and it must be faced sooner or latter.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Breeze said, "My view is that too much power is dangerous for the US... Maybe I am a nut, but give me good old Bill and his oral sex. At least then my stock was worth something?"

I'll let others decide for themselves if they think you're a nut. I think it is clear that years of Dubdom have "jay-dubbed you down;" you certainly seem naive and inexperienced to me.

Let's see if we can apply your philosophy that "too much power is dangerous" at a personal level. Are you better off being a 600 pound couch potato? Or do you aspire to reside in an Iron Lung as a quadrapelegic?

Or do you subscribe to the theory that the US is the MOST EVIL nation on the planet?

As for your squishy embrace of Slick Ineffectual Willy, I suppose you don't mind the US millitary personel who were murdered by terrorists during Bill Clinton's presidency? Do you mind the innocent civilians in Africa who were killed in the terrorist US Embassy bombing? Did you object at all to the FIRST bombing of the World Trade Center by Muslim terrorists? All this happened on Bill Clinton's watch, and his inaction set the stage for the bold acts of 9/11.

As for your comment that "at least my stock was worth something," you should be ashamed to be so ignorant.

Edited by - Nathan Natas on 7 November 2002 9:51:13

• breeze
    breeze

Nathan Natas....you ignorant slut...

My portfolio never looked as good as it did while Bill was Pres. Do you know what the stock market is or do you live under a stump somewhere? A portfolio is a group of varied stocks they are own by the portfolio holder! Put that in there because it is a big word, and I was sure that you wouldn't get it otherwise?

Why would you respond to me in such a smart ass manner? Lashing out at me shows that you have the same attitude that the republicans did towards Bill Clinton and kept him from being more effective. They were ridiculous with their constant attacks on his personal life as if every single one of them isn't doing the same f**king things in their personal life. Everyone of them is so crooked you could screw them into the ground. They all have their own agendas, and really care less about you and I and our personal situation.

You don't know me and have made several assumptions that are not true? Don't attack me just because you don't share my views you f**cking jackass this is America and I can think what I want? You are stupid one?

If you killed every single Iraq citizen that would be other stupid people to take their place? You must see the connection between the Bush's and their problems in this region and the oil. Bush's are so easy to see through with their giant oil company connections etc.

To blame all of the current situation with regard to the terrorist on Bill is stupid. Clinton did a lot of good, balanced the budget and the home front looked better on a financial level than I have ever seen it. Clinton did try to go after the terrorists with what he could get approved at the time, the pentagon would not approve an attack that is obvious to everyone now, that was needed.

Too much power is dangerous, and the wrong person in control can do a lot of harm. I was refering to the republicans being in control of the entire political scene, both houses etc.

You are probably the couch potato, otherwise how could you make such a reference?

Nata Said: Or do you subscribe to the theory that the US is the MOST EVIL nation on the planet?

I defend the US...The arguing and bickering get old sometimes but this is what keeps one individual from getting too much control and doing something stupid.

I never mentioned identifying the most evil political system at all, must be your thoughts. That is a stretch to even get to that comment from what I stated. If you have a problem with the US, there are other countries to live in, Russia, Cuba, Korea etc.

Natas Said: As for your squishy embrace of Slick Ineffectual Willy, I suppose you don't mind the US millitary personel who were murdered by terrorists during Bill Clinton's presidency? Do you mind the innocent civilians in Africa who were killed in the terrorist US Embassy bombing? Did you object at all to the FIRST bombing of the World Trade Center by Muslim terrorists? All this happened on Bill Clinton's watch, and his inaction set the stage for the bold acts of 9/11.

Every President has had many bad things happen while in the Oval Office that they couldn't have helped or controlled. None of them can see the future and have all of the things at their finger tips to deal with situations that come up. Truth is they are just human?

My guess is you never were a witness. They wouldn't even have you....

You are probably ten years old......I probably shouldn't use bad words....your profile doesn't shed much light on who you are?

BREEZE

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Its not about Killing every single Iraqui, its about changing the Middle East so that it is not a safe haven for evil and barbarism. If there is a regime change and the people over there are ALLOWED to prosper by a democratic free society then thats how you combat terrorism. The fact is that nearly every Middle Eastern nation is governed by an autocratic despot who opresses the people and foments hatred not only against the U.S. but the western free world.

• heathen
    heathen

I think the whole thing stinks.George Bush is not going to bring world peace and security .I think clinton at least had the smarts to realize that the US cannot play the role of world savior .Sure the whole monica lewinsky and prostitution in the white house were enough to make many right wingers cringe and there are a whole lot of other things such as white water and illegal campaign funding and I don't like the way the left made ken star ,the head of the ethics committee look like he was on a witch hunt when he was only doing his job but at least the budget deficit was making ground and there wasn't a world war like the Bushes are pushing for.As previously stated there are terrorists everywhere and if they do have weapons of mass destruction you can pretty much bet with the pushing of military force they will no doubt resort to using them .I mean when I see the US succumb to black mail from north korea and russia it becomes obvious that alot of people are just looking for an excuse to wreak havok.

• borgfree
    borgfree

Let's just be nice to the terrorists, maybe then they will be nice to us.....Oh, and...... I have this nice bridge I would like to sell......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit