WHAT IS LEFT? Have all the major teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses now changed?

by TerryWalstrom 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

In case you haven't been paying attention, the Watchtower religion has reinvented itself.

To do so it has had to scrap previous teachings.

Why?

Apostates have beaten them over the head relentlessly. So many interpretations

are provable as false guesses passed off as 'channeled' truth.

Beginning with 1914 and its signficiance, the GB has taken a shrewed course in presenting

the clean slate as SIMPLIFICATION! Never has such care been taken in sneaking around the

wrongness of past teachings. No.

Instead, words are employed to turn the pile of shit into a hunting ground for ponies!

And they now have ponies galore!

I've been predicting for quite some time 1914 would be abandoned. With scathingly

brilliant sneakiness, they've done the next best thing. The 'significance' has been vandalized.

1. Did Jesus come back to the Earth? Did he return? Was there a second coming?

2. Since when has Jesus been PRESENT, although invisible?

Watchtower June 15, 1954

"This time began in 1914 and that means that Christ is now present and invisible."

Watchtower June 15, 1979

"This 2nd presence begins with his 2nd coming." 

Watchtower July 15, 2013

"Jesus makes eight references to his "coming" or arrival. Regarding

the great tribulation, he states: "They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds."

Each of four of these references, it further states, "applies to Christ's future coming as Judge."

Question: How many times is Jesus "coming"?

1914 is Jesus' 2nd coming. What about the above mentioned "future coming," is that

a 3rd coming?

We are living in 2014 100 years after 1914 which is in our past.

For JW's, the 2nd coming is past.

This "future coming" is another coming!

BIG BLOOPER HERE:

"In the past, we have stated in our publications that these last four references applied to Jesus'

arriving, or coming in 1918 . . . "  (The 3rd coming?)

". . . each of these eight references to his coming applies to the future time of judgment during

the great tribulation."

So. . . 

WHAT IS THE IMPORTANCE of 1914 if it cannot be the 2nd coming?

How is it Christ is "now present and invisible" ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=red3CNxHYgA

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

wt feeds the mythic imagination leaving the rank and file no choice but to go along with date changing. 

those who write the articles unconsciously and even consciously know that they have to satisfy this mythic imagination or else they are lost in  a world that does not make sense.  It is a painful process to evaluate evidence and takes a lot of courage.  

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Bamboozaled.....is what comes to mind

joining this cult was the worse mistake of my life...if i could turn back time!

shalom

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

All the unique teachings of JW's have changed since I left just a few years ago.

It is the unique teachings that should mark them out as the true religion.

It gives me a laugh when I get the "When are you coming back?" from JW's that I meet and I say "I cannot "come back", the religion I left no longer exists".

Cue Deer in the Headlights look, then they claim only minor changes have occurred, yea right.

So much of what they have recently come out with is even more ridiculous than what it replaced that they are without doubt going to continue to have "refinements" as they call them, again misusing a word.

If you refine something you make it more pure, they are just making their shit shittier.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Phizzy - "...I get the 'When are you coming back?' from JWs that I meet and I say 'I cannot come back, the religion I left no longer exists'."

Poetry.

Can I use that in the future if I ever need to?

• RecoveringISFJ
    RecoveringISFJ

Part of the July 15, 2013 WT “Who Really Is the Faithful and Discreet Slave?”
    that doesn't make sense is this,

When did Jesus appoint the faithful slave over his domestics? To answer that, we need to go back to 1914—the beginning of the harvest season. As we learned earlier, at that time many groups claimed to be Christian. From which group would Jesus select and appoint the faithful slave? That question was answered after he and his Father came and inspected the temple, or spiritual arrangement for worship, from 1914 to the early part of 1919. (Mal. 3:1) They were pleased with a small band of loyal Bible Students who showed that their heart was with Jehovah and his Word. Of course, they needed some cleansing, but they humbly responded during a brief period of testing and refining. (Mal. 3:2-4) Those faithful Bible Students were true Christian wheat. In 1919, a time of spiritual revival, Jesus selected capable anointed brothers from among them to be the faithful and discreet slave and appointed them over his domestics.

So according to this they were found faithful and appointed over the domestics, however the next part for the second appointment is this,

Note that Jesus makes the second appointment after he arrives and finds that the slave has been “doing so,” that is, faithfully dispensing spiritual food.

then this,
         Hence, Jesus’ “arriving,” or “coming,” mentioned in the illustration of the faithful slave takes place during the great tribulation.

and finally this,

In view of the foregoing, what can we conclude? When Jesus comes for judgment during the great tribulation, he will find that the faithful slave has been loyally dispensing timely spiritual food to the domestics. Jesus will then delight in making the second appointment—over all his belongings. Those who make up the faithful slave will get this appointment when they receive their heavenly reward, becoming co-rulers with Christ.

If this is God's Spirit appointed organization, getting everything from the chariot, then how is it he will find that his faithful slave has been loyally dispensing the food?  Shouldn't he know and not have to make another appointment!

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

gosh, now I have  a headache, lol!

honestly, all the years i was in, I could tell you very little of what core doctrine was.

makes no difference, all the 'answers' are in the paragraph.

reall good point phizzy what we left isnt there anymore.

unique? yea that's an understatement. uniquely brain damaging.

gosh its cold out.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Outside of the 1914 anchor date they never mention, I can't think of a single IBSA/JW teaching that hasn't dramatically changed.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

Of course, what they teach about 1914 has changed Viv, they still maintain the old rubbish about J.C invisibly sitting on a convenience, sorry throne, which is conveniently invisible, but other things they used to claim happened in that year, such as a resurrection to Heaven for some, they no longer claim.

Use any of my words any time Vidiot !

• Ding
    Ding

Sometimes it seems like the GB keeps arguing with itself.

It makes me wonder if there's a power struggle going on.

At any rate, JWs always fall back on the basics:

1. The WTS is Jehovah's organization.

2. The GB is Jehovah's spokesman.

3. No trinity.

4. No conscious existence after death.

5. No hell.

6. Stay separate from the world and its affairs (unless the GB needs a UN library card; then it's okay because the GB is always right).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit