What Was The 1st Thing That Made You Question?

by minimus 102 Replies latest jw friends

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

first thing I questioned as a child was the script about not being able to be remarried in the New World if you had died and were resurrected. Another thing was the justice in the story about Jepthah's daughter--which was not made any less confusing when I found out that every other christian religion translates her fate as being killed as a sacrifice, not as the equivalent of 'going to Bethel' they tried to push off on impressionable young kids. Then I asked why some people were allowed to lie and get away with it---like Rebekah and Rachel and Abraham. Other things....why on earth it was ok for Lot to have sex with his daughters! And it did not help that the very first talk I was ever assigned when I was 6 yrs old and my grandmother was my householder was on Caanan's homosexual act toward Noah when he got drunk. Why didn't Genesis chapter one and chapter two agree with each other? Why didn't Paul ever mention anything about Jesus' birth, life or death in any of his letters? Always the same answer---we don't need to understand---just have faith that Jehovah knows better than we do what we need and what is ultimately perfectly right.

Then it all became a focal point for me as an adult in about 1993 at the DC where they had the part about Eunuchs for God's Kingdom. I saw hundreds if not thousands of brothers and sisters walk out of there that day like zombies...they stripped the hope of the resurrection right out from under us. Here I was a single sister, with life-threatening health problems, who CHOSE to be single so I could pioneer, and they told me that if I died before Armageddon I would stay single for eternity! BULL$H!T!

It was just a matter of time after that. Then I saw the corruption I had excused for 30 yrs, and finally in the end, I went as far as a single woman can go in that ORG and came to a point where I could no longer be involved with any kind of Christianity. I went to the Internet to get forbidden information and that was that. For me I literally went from regular pioneer of 15 yrs to an apostate witch in about one month. Took me a year to get my stuff together enough to make my physical get away. And since I have never looked back or regretted it for even one nanosecond. But I am bitter about the fact that I was 34 and had wasted all my youth, strength and time with JWs. I am 40 now, and I feel much older than that--but with no more hope of living forever in paradise. How cruel. I will never forgive them for that.

Ravyn

• minimus
    minimus

Ravyn, ALL of the things that you mention, are things that I've wondered about. I understand why you would be bitter.......See why they say, "Stay away from the internet".

• wildfire
    wildfire

WELL LETS SEE ,,,My first husband recruited me into the borg in 1974,, but he never did do anything with the truth,,,, ran around and cheated on me and hey he loved it ,,I was the good, little submissive wife,,,, what more could you ask for,,,, I remember a time when he beat me up after a night of drinking and ohhh the pioneer sisters came over to check on me,,, (ya right,, those nosy bitches....) as i sat there bruised ,,, they said oh honey you are suffering for Jehovah ,, he will reward you ,,,(wrong answer but hey i stuck in there because I was to receive a great reward one day... ) well fast forward I divorced him in 78 and couldnt believe that an annointed brother was interested in me and my two children ...( how blessed among women was I ) we had a whirlwind courtship and started our marriage ,,, and 3 children later... my husband was ssssoooo strange and well things just went on crazier and crazier he would beat up people and then we would leave..... we ended up in Florida AND THE CRAZINESS NEVER STOPPED... AGAIN HE BEAT UP THE BROTHERS AND MYY KIDS WERE THREATENING TO RUN AWAY...... ( HIS DISCIPLINE OF MY KIDS WAS VERY SEVERE,,,,,,,) HE WAS DF AND I DIVORCED HIM IN 90... AS YOU CAN TELL I LIVED THRU HORRIBLE ACTS OF RAGE AGAINST ME AND MY CHILDREN... AND HE CLAIMED TO BE ANNOINTED,,,,,,,,NEED I SAY MORE,,,, we have many scarrs and I question everything and thank god for the internet and all MY TRUE FRIENDS THAT I HAVE FOUND HERE ,,,,,, YOU ARE MY SALVATION......... LIKE THE SONG I AM STILL HERE,,, THEY CANT TELL ME WHO TO BE,, CAUSE IM NOT WHAT THEY SEE,,,,,WANT TO TOUCH THINGS I CAN FEEL,,,, THEY CANT TAKE ME AWAY..........I WILL NEVER LET THEM HURT ME AGAIN ,,,, NOT EVER thanks for listening SHALOM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit