WT Comments You Will Not Hear at the 11-10 WT Stdy

by blondie 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Blondie, the following statement you made above should be posted around the Internet:

The WTS asks, "Have we been hurt by the words or actions of someone? If so, are we keeping things in proper perspective? Any tribulation we face in this system of things is temporary?

Should we ask an abused child to keep things in proper perspective and that their tribulation is temporary? Should we ask a brother who spent years in prison and lost his civil rights after becoming a felon, that he shouldnt be hurt because now brothers can "accept" alternative service? Should we tell a sister who was disfellowshipped because she didnt scream during her rape that things will work out in the end for her? Can we tell a husband who lost his wife because they refused a transplant because it was forbidden between 1967 and 1980 by the WTS, that they should have joy that it will not happen to others because the WTS reversed its decision in 1980 (after all there is the resurrection)?

• blondie
    blondie

Do you have any ideas, UNDF. This is the only place I post. I could put it on LambsRoar.com. Anywhere else?

Blondie

• Farkel
    Farkel

blondie,

I'm glad this one got resurrected. It has a lot of gems in it!

: This seems to imply that those leaving are new ones but the reality is that long-time JWs are fading away; elders are stepping aside at a WTS reported rate of 25% a year.

Do you have a reference for that? I'd love to see it?

: Now we jump right into the apostate theme. "Hymenaeus, Alexander and Philetus were advocating ideas that did not fit "the pattern of healthful words.

And what exactly was the "apostasy" that Hymenaeus and Philetus taught? It was that the resurrection had already occurred. Now what religion do you know taught that the first resurrection occurred first in 1874 and then later taught that it REALLY happened in 1918? If the first resurrection occurred in 1874, then the 1918 doctrine is the same apostasy that Hymenaeus and Philetus taught. If the first resurrection occurred in 1918, then the 1874 doctrine is the same apostasy that Hymenaeus and Philetus taught. If the first resurrection has NOT occurred yet, then the 1874 and 1918 doctrines are the same apostasy that Hymenaeus and Philetus taught.

Hypocrites!

: Yes, these ones are "mentally diseased over questionings and debates about words."

If we can't debate about "words," just what do we use to debate with? Our toes?

: "Apostates and others use the media to spread distorted information or even outright lies about the methods and motives of Jehovahs people."

The Watchtower Corporation sells books to spread distorted information or even outright lies about the methods and motives of everyone else. Therefore, the main difference between the Watchtower Corporation and "apostates and others" is that the Watchtower Corporation not only spreads disinformation, but makes a hefty PROFIT doing it!

Farkel

• Scully
    Scully

Blondie

Now the gloves are off. "Its all apostate lies. The media is lying." "Sowing doubts" is from Satan. Hasnt the WTS sown doubts itself by hiding the truth about the topics above? Hasnt the WTS tried to rewrite history?

"Apostates and others use the media to spread distorted information or even outright lies about the methods and motives of Jehovahs people." Jehovahs people or only certain select ones with authority such as the elders, COs, DOs, Bethel staff, and GB?

The question I have for the GB and the legal department of the WTS is this:

If it really IS ALL LIES that the media - under the influence of apostates - is spreading, there is recourse. After all, JWs have been notorious for their appearances before the Supreme Court of the United States to defend their civil rights to go door to door, to defend the right of people to refuse medical treatment even if it means they'll die, to defend their right to display religious intolerance toward people who "simply leave the faith", etc etc etc. If it really IS ALL LIES, why OH WHY have they NEVER filed a libel suit against the media organizations who publish these so-called LIES??

(added by edit): We also know how much the WTS loves money!! If the could get a judgement or monetary settlement against a wealthy media organization for publishing LIES about them, don't you think they'd go for it if they could win?? Their lawyers work for free!! What's stopping them?? The (real) Truth is stopping them!!

The burden of proof in a libel case is on the defendant to prove that their statements are true. I'm sure the WTS legal department is aware of that. I'm sure they are also aware that the media, in this ever more litigious society, knows what kind of reporting crosses the defamation line and what does not. When they don't sue, we can be pretty certain that the information is accurate. The WTS is probably the most lawsuit happy religious organization in North America, and why they wouldn't be interested in protecting and clearing their "good name" is beyond me. Unless, of course, the reports about child molestation are true, and they don't want everyone to find that out in a court of law.

Love, Scully

Edited by - Scully on 25 January 2003 10:2:35

• blondie
    blondie
    elders are stepping aside at a WTS reported rate of 25% a year.

Do you have a reference for that? I'd love to see it?

Unfortunately, there is nothing in writing. This is a statement made verbally by the CO to the body of elders a couple of visits ago because of the large number of brothers stepping "aside" from the wonderful privilege of being an elder.

I have contact with 3 (gabby) elders in 3 separate congregations. (That explains how a "sister" like me knows this.) They all confirmed this.

I counted in the KH I attend and there were 8 ex-elders attending but only 5 elders on the elder body. The elders were told by the CO to try to encourage these men to "step up to the plate" once again. After the elders did that, they had 0 brothers take them up on their offer with one telling them where to stick their invitation.

Thanks for the clarification on the resurrection slant. I will save that mentally and in my folders. There is so much deception and lies, my brain can't sort them out. But I am learning. The few meetings I attend lately have been the book study with its' constant 1919 reference. I just think, yes, clean spiritually and still celebrating Xmas, birthdays, using the cross, thinking the GC was going to heaven, that the end was coming in 1925, that Abraham and the other ancient worthies were going to be resurrected and rule the earth and live at Beth Sarim.

I don't think the WTS is making enough money these days. With the end of the direct purchasing at full price of the pubs by the R&F, the amount sent to the "worldwide work" has dropped by 50% in many congregations. I have never heard so many petitions for money at the meeting and assemblies. R&F in the richer countries are being shamed by being compared to the third world countries. I don't think it is working.

Thanks for your comments, Farkel. I appreciate your experience with the WTS and your insight into the Bible. And,

I love your musical renditions. I play only for myself nowadays. My arthritis limits my reach and speed. But I amuse myself and my husband.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit