WT Comments You Will Not Hear at the 11-10 WT Stdy

by blondie 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

Very good comments, jgnat. The WTS demands the 2 Big O's: Obedience and Order. Reminds me of the Big H.

Blondie

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS continues, "If we are upset over something, is it not far better to do what we can to resolve the matter and leave it in Jehovahs hands."

Just another way of saying "wait on Jehovah."

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

I've been looking for this and see its been up since the 5th. It's hard to start my week without "Blondie's Watchtower Study". Blondie you should take this on the road because its absolutely brilliant in its hilarity and its spot on interpretation of Watchtower-speak.

Thank you Blondie for another excellent "study".

• blondie
    blondie

Thank you, Dutchie. I will have some highlights from the circuit assembly to share later. Amazingly, so far the big problem is not the big A(postates) but is MATERIALISM and not contributing enough to the worldwide work. We'll see if that theme continues tomorrow. The public talk is on how near the end is (again?). Only two 9-11 references.

Blondie (whose face is pink from all the Kaopectate she has been taking)

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, since I didn't go to the last Circuit and District conventions, could you please give us the answers for any up coming reviews? Also, since I don't watch the videos, could you give the answers to that too?......And if you could phrase an answer that looks like it's right but really is sarcastic. I would like that too....LOL

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, minimus, I think you can be a pretty sarcastic little M&M yourself, way above my abilities.

If a person doesn't go, then I suppose there is no reason to be interested or to read my reviews.

But I will tell you this, the WTS is hurting financially and I heard things said yesterday from the platform about money that I have never heard or were so long ago (over 40 years) that I have forgotten.

Blondie (may the reader beware, sarcasm ahead)

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, I love your connents. But being at the Kingdom Hall without any notes or idea of what a convention is about is boring. So, all I wanted you to do is try to make me look smart....LOL

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

God, that was a difficult meeting!

Sister b/brother digging me in the ribs and scribbling notes in her mag to show to me , whenever they mentioned "Apostate"

Poor dumb dubs answering up and saying about "Apostate lies" re. child abuse - I wanted to jump up and tell the truth about it but of course I did not.

Para 6. "The patten of truth... not the finished picture but a sketch that gives us just enough to believe in " If so why are they so dogmatic about every point? and what does honest hearted mean? In practice it is anyone that swallows their stuff hook line and sinker.

Para 11/12 "Keep testing" not the beliefs, but ourselves to see that we are still as zealous for the cause. Reminds me of George Orwell's 1984 novel.

Acts 17.10 - 11 . The Beroeans "Examined the Scripures daily to see whether these things were so" Presumably they checked the Hebrew scripures (Septuagint?) to check the prophecies about Messiah . Quite right . But was not that a critical examination of the claims of the Christian church , holding it up to scrutiny - and Paul commended them for it. ..

We are told "Rather than be critical , let us maintain a spiritually healthy view of the information received through personal study and congregational meetings"

So do as your told and dont ask awkward questions

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN

Blondie, thanks for your usual brilliant deconstruction and commentary. Especially masterful:

Yet the WTS invites, "test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God, because many false prophets have gone forth into the world (1 John 4:1). But dont test the WTS because they are from God and we know that because they say they are from God. Now the WTS brings out the big guns. "Instead of questioning Gods Word (the WTS actually puts their words on the same plane as Gods), how much wiser it is to have the attitude of the first-century Beroeans who examined the Scriptures closely!"

Notice how the WTS has applied this scripture in the first quote compared to the second.

WT 1/15/89 page 6 Are You Open to New Ideas?

That we should be selective about accepting new ideas. We would do well to imitate the Beroeans by "carefully examining the Scriptures daily as to whether these things [taught by Paul] were so." (Acts 17:11) Rather than blindly accepting every new idea presented to us, we need to do careful and exact research, just as a judge would in hearing a legal case.

But during the apostate wars in 1980 and 1981 the application is:

WT 2/15/81 pages 18-19 Do We Need Help to Understand the Bible?

A NOBLE-MINDEDVIEW

How shall we view the spiritual food provided by this "faithful and discreet slave"? Should it be viewed critically? Oh, well, it might be true but then again it might not be and so we have to scrutinize it very critically? Some apparently have felt that way about it. To support their way of thinking they have quoted Acts 17:11, But does this mean that those Beroeans were looking for flaws in the message they were hearing, or that their attitude was one of doubting? Does this set a precedent for regarding critically the publications brought forth by the "faithful and discreet slave," with a view to finding fault? Not at all!

Very good catch indeed. In the words of that other great Homer: Doh !

I recall that paragraph from the '81 study article like it was yesterday. So the noble-minded Boreans were commended, in the scriptures no less, for testing out the teachings of apostles ---whose claims of holy-spirit appointment were easily authenticated by their miraculous gifts--- but the present-day flock is warned against similar due-diligence when it comes to receiving "truth" from men who've given beyond any reasonable doubt every evidence of never having been appointed, divinely or otherwise, and, further, couldn't recognize the operation of holy spirit if it busted them in their dentures?

Confuse me???

I no longer attend meetings yet still get quite the kick out of your analyses. They've helped me come to appreciate just how many other "exemplary" JW women were experiencing precisely what I was for so many years--- sitting prim and proper in KHs across the world, suffering beneath placid, "submissive" facades similar roiling objections and arguments to transparently deceptive WT "logic" on every conceivable topic during one intellectually-numbing beating meeting after another. How being aware of this at the time might have mitigated my agony. Then again, perhaps it might have made it all even more unbearable, if that is at all possible.

You further remarked:

But I will tell you this, the WTS is hurting financially and I heard things said yesterday from the platform about money that I have never heard or were so long ago (over 40 years) that I have forgotten.

Please elaborate here. What exactly was said??? I'm all eyeballs !

AMNESIAN

Edited by - AMNESIAN on 11 November 2002 16:20:40

• blondie
    blondie

Amnesian, first I have to calm down. I will post some points tonight. It is amazing to sit at these assemblies and see what is spewed forth from the stage. And who no one dares complain.

Blondie (who has to clean up the vomit first)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit