Australia Evidence List is public and contains Elders Book

by Skidmarks 27 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• steve2
    steve2

The lawyers have not only done their homework, they are wise enough to zero in on key aspects that have hitherto not been adressed by the GB.

For example, in rigidly defending their need to stick to the Mosaic 'two-witness' rule, the GB suddenly make lots of exceptions to not following the other rules in the immediate context of the same 'two-witness' rule.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Great work guys! Also LOL at the WTS having to turn over the BOE letters and Shepherd book.

Good on ya Aussie government!

Note to the GB: I guess you now realize that the protection and hands off attitude you've been given by the US government due to our reluctance to chastise religion in any way since the courts liberally read the constitution isn't the norm in the world. It's fine when you have the majority of the religion in the US but since the majority is NOT in the US, you sort of need to think about this sort of thing.

I hope the pedo database gets into either the RCs hands or better yet, the US court system via a civil case. Then it will really hit the fan.

• Splash
    Splash

An ex-JW ex-elder coming up onto the stand soon.

Wonder how many of the myths he'll blow apart!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Skidmarks - "Australia Evidence List is public and contains Elders Book."

I can't imagine how much that must chap Morris's ass.

• freddo
    freddo

Fantastic - read the "Guidelines to Branch Office Service Desks!"

Rated HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL and only to be seen by Branch Committee Members and Service Desk "Deskmen".

So this is stuff CO's and DO's don't get to see. Just brilliant.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

At this stage in each of our unique phases of spiritual development, it's kind of shocking (and saddening) to that we were blinded to the extreme control that we (willingly??) subjected ourselves to. And yet, many non-JW's also willingly subject themselves to all sorts of control from both religious and non-religious sources.

I don't think it is necessarily the government's job to police how much control an individual chooses to accept in their lives.

But I also think it *IS* government's and society's job to protect the innocent ones (children, for example) who are held captive without their consent. Thus the official subject of this hearing is: Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse. The focus is on how the JW systems and processes deny rights and protection of CHILDREN within each and every congregation in Australia and around the world. The adults are really only involved to the extent that they interact with a child - ie: JC meetings; predator/abuser; parental consent/acquiesence; shepharding/lack of sheparding; protection (or lack of); compassion and support (or lack thereof).

I also believe that the evidence presented thus far in the commission's hearings clearly present the JW organization to *NOT* be the benevolent group that is charitable in their mission. The JW organization's main mission is Self-Preservation and Self-Promotion. There are no - ZERO - humanitarian programs in place to assist the community at large. There are barely any provisional programs in place to assist their own members. And certainly NONE to assist and support children.

Perhaps once the Royal Commission submits its findings, the charity commission will review the proceedings and open it's own investigation into the legitimacy of Watchtower's charitable/tax-exempt status???

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Splash - "An ex-JW ex-elder coming up onto the stand soon."

This'll be interesting.

If the Commission is as smart as I think they are, they'll take note of just how much hostility and antagonism the WT reps display towards the guy, and then put them back on the spot as to whether or not he was lying or telling the truth.

They would, of course, have to concede that he is being truthful (and the irony will be palpable).

• TheMark
    TheMark

I've always loved this site for stuff like this. Thanks everyone. This is going to hurt. I wonder how they'll explain that to the flock.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit