Australia Evidence List is public and contains Elders Book

by Skidmarks 27 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Skidmarks
    Skidmarks

The start of the first day Transcript has an objective analasis of the JW as a religion.

When you read that, you can see that the Royal Commission has done their research. Reading this also makes it so very clear that it is a cult.

Some quotes from this part:

As will be seen, the Jehovah's Witness Church is a tightly controlled, rule-bound organisation, that seeks to keep its members in relative isolation from the rest of society. It has rules drawn from its own version of the Bible for, amongst other things, personal presentation, the avoidance of involvement in extra-curricular activities at school, maintenance of the constant awareness of the dangers of bad associations in the secular world, who is in the church and who is out of the church, and for family and home life.

The Jehovah's Witness Church is preoccupied with sin and sinning. If a congregation member becomes aware that another member has committed a serious sin, such as, as it is put, "fornication, adultery, homosexuality, blasphemy, apostasy, adultery and similar gross sins", he or she is obliged to report that to the congregation elders. In the case of lesser sins as between members, the church prescribes the steps that must be taken to reach a resolution. The more serious sins must be investigated by the elders who must pass judgment on the accused and his or her degree of repentance for the sin. It is a system in which a group of men who are appointed from above, not by the congregation, stand in judgment over their fellow men, women and children on every aspect of their lives.

Being a Jehovah's Witness is a way of life for all members. The evidence will demonstrate that devotees are expected to adhere to all doctrines established by the Governing Body. These are a pervasive influence over almost every conceivable sphere of daily life. The strict code of moral conduct by which all members strive to live based on the scriptures is enforced by the highly formalised disciplinary process for dealing with wrongdoing within the church and its jurisdiction over all aspects of the life of Jehovah's Witnesses.

The Royal Commission will hear evidence that separateness from the world is reinforced by various policies of the Jehovah's Witness Church. Jehovah's Witnesses are encouraged to strictly adhere to biblical principles to the exclusion of all else, including pursuit of further education.
    Documents will be tendered which show that Jehovah's Witnesses are counselled to demonstrate submission to Christ's headship by obedience to the elders, who are taken to be controlled by God for the purposes of accomplishing Jehovah's will.

The evidence will reveal that this belief is reflected in the patriarchal structure of the institution, where men hold positions of authority within congregations and headship in the family. Women are expected to defer to the authority of their husbands, and children are taught to obey their parents.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Q. But that same passage that I read you says that the accused [sic] must essentially throw the first stone to kill the accused. I take it you don't do that?
    A. No, obviously not.
    Q. So what's the distinction? Why flexibility on the one and not on the other?

F%%%%%ing brilliant!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I gotta say, these guys have really done their homework.

Props to them.

• bemused
    bemused
    As a never-in, I think the opening submission contains a great summary of the religion - I'm going to keep it for reference.
  • Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

Skid marks, I had the same thoughts.

its quite amazing to see the religion through the eyes of these well educated investigators.

I was indoctrinated all these years into thinking we don't make man made rules like the Pharisees and we don't have titles or a hierarchy because everyone is equal, elders are there to serve. Seeing the reality there in black and white that it's 'a rule bound organization obsessed with sinning and with a highly centralized hierarchical structure'- its just so obvious now, I'm fuming with myself for not seeing it sooner!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

How long before all the XJWs of the world send the Commission flowers and a great big fruit basket?

Bets, anyone?

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Oh if only every country had a Royal Commission like this!

These guys have done their homework!!! When they speak and ask questions, I am amazed and astounded to hear these "outsiders", these "worldly" people using the language of the JW religion, the terminology, the knowledge of the inner workings and "secret" books....

So very impressive.

And also that they can so easily poke holes into the problems of the doctrines and procedures of these "holy" instructions from Jehovah himself who directs his holy, clean spirit-directed organization.... right....

I do have a feeling of sadness though, that the religion I wasted so much of my life "zealously serving" is such a sham, such a product of bigotry, arrogance, ignorance and hubris...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Muddy Waters...

Hell, at this point, I'm wondering if some of 'em have lurked here.

• Oubliette
  • wifibandit
    wifibandit
    I am archiving the Transcripts, Evidence, and Witness list PDFs in a google drive. This way we can to look through them with out downloading them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit