Who Voted Today?

by Scarlet 26 Replies latest jw friends

• siegswife
    siegswife

I did, and I voted in a way I've never done before...democrats all across the line. It's time for a regime change here too.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I did I did!

But I just voted for all the "other" parties for the most part. So none of my votes "count" LOL. That so pisses me off when people say that...

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

I did too... it's been 20 years...

I just followed Joanna in and copied all of her answers, because she's smart, and also a natural blonde.

lauralisa

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

I was gonna vote Green, but my husband scared me by telling me that "when the turnout's low, Republicans dominate", so I chickened out. Again.

Look, all you liberals, drag your friends to the polls with you next time so I can vote my conscience, OK? The democrats are scumbags, except for Bill Lockyer and Pete Stark and the local guys, but the Republican platform is just damn tyrannical. Always.

And, no, I can't cite chapter and verse.

GentlyFeral

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Laura I love you! You're the only one who thinks I am smart, bless your heart...lol

Gently--You should ALWAYS vote your conscience!! Republicans say shit like that to keep people at home. Do you know there was a study done which proves that most campagins (by that I mean democrat/republican) run the negative attack ads because they KNOW it will get people to be apathetic and not vote. Meanwhile they know how to get to their voters so that's all that matters. There have been several studies done by major advertising firms, it made me so furious I decided then and there to ALWAYS VOTE, and ALWAY do so for who I saw fit to run that office, not if it counted or not. I dunno what state you are in Gently, but in Minnesota we generally have high numbers (usually rowdy college kids like myself) voting for the smaller parties. I am doing my part, you need to get YOUR friends and go to vote for the smaller parties.

Oh yeah, and none of you should buy into polls either. They are run by conglomerate news corporations that have high stakes in keeping certain people in office. Just because they say your vote doesn't count because no one else is, is BULL, and yet another scare tactic.

This year I made it a point to vote for every canidate who was for Run-off voting. It's the only way to go!

Edited by - joannadandy on 5 November 2002 22:49:59

• Grunt
    Grunt

My wife and I voted early. Our main guy, McBride lost, but I am still glad I voted for him. He handled his defeat with grace and dignity, I was proud of him. I don't guess Bush is the worst governor in the country, and I sure feel sorry for him in regard to some of his family problems. I had done my research and it hurt to see Buddy Dyer and maybe Thurman (difference of 1% last time I saw it) go down when they were best for the jobs, but at least I tried. The rest of it went the way we wanted it. I sure hated the mud-slinging.

I also voted for one Libertarian, I like that bunch although I don't think they would work in a national government.

Grunt

• nowaytess
    nowaytess

Grunt,

I disagree with you here. Jeb has been a good Govenrnor here in Florida. He has done a lot for business to create a job base. I am glad mc Bride lost I fear to fund his school programs he have to hike taxes of start an income tax. I moved from Taxchutttes just to get away from overtaxation.

You can't promise everything and not have a way to pay for it. Let's face it, the senoirs wer not scared off this time or bought into the fact Mc Bride can provide a drug benefit by medicare ( federal program, a gov can't promise something he can't deliver. Gov has no influence on Medicare only Medicaid.)

SAdly the teachers union ran Mc Bride's Campain. I for school vocheres for failing public schools who are not teaching. Money talks so if the money was not taken out of the public school sustem, they might just have to compete

• jelly
    jelly

I voted out here in California. F or the first time ever I voted with an almost straight party ticket (Republican). The only initiative I voted for was the after school program California is to broke for anything else.

Not sure if this is going to be good or bad but Republicans seem to be kicking a$$.

Terry

Edited by - jelly on 6 November 2002 0:29:12

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

i did the only christian thing and voted for God's Kingdom heehee

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

I too voted a straight Republican ticket here in California Jelly. It didn't seem to help here but at least we go the House and the Senate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit