Who Voted Today?

by Scarlet 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

They are saying in California that we will have a record low turn out at the polls. I did my duty and voted first thing this morning. I just hope who I voted for wins!!!!! This was my first time. After what happend in the Presidental election this last time I felt the need as an American to Vote. I was just happy the guy I wanted to be president got there!!!!!

• Gopher
    Gopher

I did, I did! It was my first time too.

For details and reactions from people like jjrizo and Jesus Christ himself, click on the thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=40005&site=3

Jeff

• Navigator
    Navigator

I voted absentee this year. They didn't have a block for my preferred choice which was "none of the above".

• Mulan
    Mulan

I helped my Dad, who is blind, do his absentee ballot yesterday. I filled mine out at the same time. Mailed them yesterday.

On the way to Princess' house today, I saw one of the local Congressional candidates at the corner of an intersection, waving to everyone. He actually came to my house a week ago, canvassing for votes. He is a Korean man. I voted for him. Anyone who does that kind of prep work, deserves to win. I gave him a thumbs up, as I went through the intersection, and he did it back to me.

• bigboi
    bigboi

I voted today for the first time. There was a Senate, US Rep, and a local judciary on the ballot as well as some state contituion and local city charter amendments. I voted against most of the stuff on there. It seemed like the politicians down here, most of em prevented from running again due to term limits, where busy tryna pass off last minute favors to industry in the area. Seemed that way to me anyways.

• Preston
    Preston

Just voted today. Es twue! Although my options were limited to picking the scumbag democrat over the evil republican, personally I couldn't see how I would stay home from the polls today. Arizona's economy, educational system, and economy suck a big royal weenie! It's time for, as G-dub put it it, "a regime change". But the thing that really bugs me is that they're taking this democracy thing wayyyyyy too far with a new show they're developing for FOX called American Candidate. This two-year series will select potential candidates from all over the country and then let Americans phone in and decide who should be running for president in 2004!! It's like American Idol except without the crappy Diana Ross songs, and the winner gets to nuke Iraq!

• metatron
    metatron

Me too
    Feels good be empowered for a change

metatron

• Princess
    Princess

Steve and I voted!

Mom, that is so cool that grandpa votes. When did he start? Does dad vote? I can't imagine it.

My brother called today to make sure I voted republican. Ummmmm, nope! I told him I voted for the girls.

Rachel

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

I voted.

• dsgal
    dsgal

I did too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit