1st POST: A romance with a JW

by myangelface 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• Honesty
    Honesty

Run as fast as you can. He is a loser and will always be a loser.

Find a normal person who hasn't been screwed up by a religious cult.

I married a Jehovah's Witness. It was the worst 10 years I have ever been through.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    Welcome to this forum myangelface. Run run away you will be glad you did.
  • happy@last
    happy@last
    I too say run away from both him and his religion. 
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

Why would you want someone who feels guilty about being with you?  You will probably not be able to convince him that this religion is not "the truth", and he would always feel guilty that he was weak and resent the fact that you seduced him. Does that sound like a good way to start a relationship to you? 

Walk away from this. 

•  myangelface
    myangelface

mikeypants witnessmyfury and ignoranceisbliss ...I was not trying to be conceited or anything..sorry if it came across that way ..I added it in because he was the one that told me that it played a huge factor in his weakness ... 

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Focus your time and energy on something more worthwhile than the seduction of a JW fundy.

He admits he loves me now...but eversince that day he hasn´t spoken to me

Doesn't that tell you something?

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

good thing you added the clarification angel. I think that many will now understand.

Its difficult to be clear thinking when you love someone.

However, I think you can see that the replies you have received are pretty conclusive.

I hope you can find the courage to act in your long term interests.Good luck.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Real love is much more than seducing someone with good looks .

You are tempting him to go against everything he wholeheartedly believes in ,and eventually he will hate you for it .It seems to me that this relationship is not based on mutual common interests,openness, honesty, trust ??  why not ......Maybe because he is involved in something  a whole lot bigger and complicated than you can imagine. You say he is intelligent ,why not approach this in a more honest way ...such as telling him your insights of his religion .Can he have an open honest discussion about these matters ? If not ,why would you really want to waste your time ? You can not change another person ,they have to want to do that themselves . 

You need to forget him ,and move on to someone you have more in common with than desire.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep
    Run like many said but let him know why
  •  myangelface
    myangelface
    So Billy the ex-bethalite :my conclusion is that JWs love half-heartedly ? 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit