1st POST: A romance with a JW

by myangelface 28 Replies latest jw experiences

•  myangelface
    myangelface

I am not a JW ...however I began having bible studies (I´d call them Watchtower studies). I was beginning to get lured in and brainwashed into accepting the religion as the true religion...but something inside of me told me there was something odd. Some time passes and I was invited to a meeting and I accepted. I am not a long-skirt wearing girl lol...and I did not have time to go out and buy one just for that day. I arrived at the kingdom hall and It just felt so awkward and fake.

Let me elaborate: The atmosphere was not authentic ...there was people smiling at eachother and greeting eachother but I am a very intuitive person (keen sense of perception) and I could just smell the hipocrasy and the fakeness. Like fake "love"

Anyway...i went wearing black pants and a dressy sweater and some boots. I felt like the person that invited me was embarrassed to be seen with me or something because she would like discretely act like she wasn´t with me. And I felt ignored. It just felt so fake. All the sisters would say to eachother is "nice dress".."nice skirt"...and then they´d just look at me and make me feel uncomfortable

Did I mention you could sense the lack of sincerity and love.. I just felt it....a whole bunch of random sisters greeted me and introduced themselves to me...with huge forced smile on their faces. LOL...well that was my first and last meeting. I have not been to a new one. I forgot to mention that before I started bible study with the JW I was an independent bible reader. Anyway one night I decided to I wanted to learn about the history of the JWs but something inside me told me not to that Satan was the one whispering into my ear and that I should not doubt the Watchtower...but guess what I did. And well....I was highly dissappointed because I thought that I had found the truth and I wanted to be baptized. BUT AFTER READING ALL THE HORRIBLE THINGS THEY MAKE PEOPLE GO THROUGH I was like....ummmm.........NO, THANKS.

Anyway that is just my background story. Let´s get to the topic. I met a guy and to my luck he is a JW ....lol. We met in college. He broke my heart when he told me he was dropping out of school because his goals were spiritual.??????? UMMM....I was like are you going to be a bum all your life or something? He just laughs. Anyway he loves me too. He was realllllllly hard to get. What helped me was my beauty. Anyway I grabbed him by surprise one day and kissed him. You would not believeeeeeeeeeeeee everything he told me. He basically called me a fornicator and the devil. LOL...it was a peck and I did it out of love! He made me feel horrible. And I was like there is no where in the bible that says that a kiss is a sin and he came up with the "loose conduct" argument. So I told him  "sorry that Satan made me do it" lol. After that he admitted it to me that "a part of him liked it" and that he felt love for me too. He would avoid me at school and keep things short after that., though :( That only made me like him more..lol. So I would hug him and flirt with him at school..but again he would try to avoid me.

Then one day I sent him a sexy pic of myself and he turned into a completely different person. After that we saw eachother and This time he willingly kissed me. It was just that. He then like always felt guilty and bad and told me he had to stay away from me because I was a temptation. I would still message him, though and then I made him a video modeling some boyshorts and he was weakened. When we saw eachother we made out passionately but ofcourse no sex.

Then I saw him again and things got even steamier and we were about to...but I was the one that stopped because...he would probably HATE ME for the rest of his life for seducing him into fornication. He admits he loves me now...but eversince that day he hasn´t spoken to me -____- his guilt trips annoy me really bad. What should I do...or what should I not do? He is a really smart person (academically) and I want to help him get out of the religion before he drops out of school. Help? Suggestions? Opinions?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Read the stories of other people on this forum who dated/married JWs. It just isn't going to work, is it? For one thing, if he is such a spiritual JW, why is he interested in you at all? He should be running the other way. So, a little lack of integrity there. And, later, when he decides he'd rather be a JW than be with you, it will all be your fault. I grew up JW, and so I know what I'm talking about when I say that JWs are screwed up in a major way and you are just asking for heartache.

Unless you don't want a future with him and just want to fool around. In that case, go for it. Why not?

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    Tell him you'd like him to come over your house so you can show him your aquarium. 
  • Gone and forgotten
    Gone and forgotten

Run....as fast as you can...

There will be no happily ever after with him...unless you become a good jw.  You have clearly decided that's not the life for you.  And although you are a temptation now, and he is attracted to you, unless he leaves on his own, for himself, then in the end you will lose him to the wts. 

I was married to one for 20 years...and if you don't want to be a jw as a single woman, believe me you DEFINITELY do not want to be a married jw woman.  So my advice is leave him alone and find someone else.

• mikeypants
    mikeypants

"What helped me was me beauty"

I lost interest after that.

• scary21
    scary21

I want my guy to think I'm an angel sent from heaven above,  not a demon from hell. If he gives up everything for you, he will just end up most likely blaming YOU.    Find someone new !

Sherry

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Run from him...find a normal person!

worse mistake of my life was joining this cult....if i could turn back time!

shalom

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

@mikeypants

Me too. 

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    Witness my fury and mickeypants.      Add me to that list.     Jumped right to the comments after that
  • KateWild
    KateWild

You are trying to seduce him out of his religion. If he leaves for sex he won't be out mentally and will always feel guilty.

He needs to leave because he no longer believes it's the true religion and then he will stay out and be happy.

If you can help him see TTATT good for you but it's difficult removing someone from a cult.

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit