Whatever We Say, Just Listen & Don't Question

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• jack2
    jack2

COMF, you may have a point...sometimes, I do think that the constant pounding actually backfires to some degree.

• Matty
    Matty

It depends on your state of mind I guess. A true blue dub (which is what I was up to about nine months ago), would genuinely believe that the Watchtower magazine is God's own mouthpiece. Circuit Overseers giving their "needs of the circuit" talks are seen as men directed by God's own holy spirit and are to be obeyed as such. The fear of displeasing God is a strong motivating force, and so that is why the rank and file are obedient, as they see the worship of the men of their religion and their worship of God himself as completely interchangeable.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

My observation lately has been that fewer and fewer people are paying much attention to that kind of stuff. They kind of nod, then get on with whatever they were doing before. The constant drum beating looses its impact after a while.

• Shakita
    Shakita

"Do whatever we say, just listen and don't question....

Now please line up...that's right.....don't push.....there is enough kool-aid to go around for everyone."

• minimus
    minimus

I heard that our new CO went to a congregation last week and the 1st thing out of his mouth was how the congregation had the lowest numbers in the circuit across the board. He evidently turned off quite a few people, including some very mature ones.Maybe the others that are truly brain-dead will try to DO MORE.

• Matty
    Matty

How very encouraging! That's just what a congregation wants to hear from their CO to spur them on to greater activity...!

• minimus
    minimus

This same CO just removed an elder and a MS in the same Hall that he thought sucked...(.cracking down on drinking).

• Dia
    Dia

'Peer pressure' is one of their most beloved tools (or is that 'weapons'?)

• blondie
    blondie
    the 1st thing out of his mouth was how the congregation had the lowest numbers in the circuit across the board.

He probably says that to all the congregations trying to get them to compete with one another. Competition is good.

Comparison as discussed in the Bible

Galatians 5 (Amplified)

26 Let us not become vainglorious and self-conceited, competitive and challenging and provoking and irritating to one another, envying and being jealous of one another.

Galatians 6 (NIV)

3 If anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself. 4 Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else, 5 for each one should carry his own load.

Galatians 6 (NLT)

3 If you think you are too important to help someone in need, you are only fooling yourself. You are really a nobody.
    4 Be sure to do what you should, for then you will enjoy the personal satisfaction of having done your work well, and you won't need to compare yourself to anyone else. 5 For we are each responsible for our own conduct.
  • twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

Minimus

We heard today that a sister ( in the org all of her life) answered in the WT, that the Panorama programme on paedophilia was all lies and that we don't have that sort of thing in "the truth".

We are all aware of an elder (paedophile) in Rugby, England. who was sentenced and told by the judge that he was an arch-hypocrite - was the judge a liar as well !

We can truly say that the Organisation are Masters at brainwashing, Dehydrating individuals of all true bible knowledge, principles and personality. Are we becoming like the nazis from the second world war, who said they were acting under orders.

We are all going to be personally answerable to God one day.

Twink

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit