IronGland

huh winston?

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Resuscitating a 2 year old thread?

• sandy
    sandy

That was so funny IronGland!!!

I rarely asked for a donation...just didn't feel right. But when we were charging for them I was kept in coffee and donut money

I had the same problem Xena. When we were asking for a donation it felt like begging to me. At least charging a quarter and using the line to "help pay for printing cost" sounded honest.

A donation? If someone really wanted to donate how much $ is enough? No doubt this made some people feel obligated to pay more than the set price we used to ask for, $0.25 when I used to knock on doors. I remember householders still asking how much after I explained the donation to them. Then when I'd say whatever you would like to contribute is just fine..... Nobody ever gave just a quarter, it was always at least a dollar.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

did you ever go out and do it irongland? get on out there and spread some old light !

• professor
    professor

In our congregation we had a sister who was disfellowshipped but continued to go door-to-door with the Watchtower and Awake! One time we saw her in our territory doing so and the elder in our car group told us the story. He said there was nothing that could be done to stop her. I don't know if she had been asking for donations or not.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I used to drink Killians until I found out it was pink Coors.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

If your WT Literature is old enough, you can make money selling it on eBay.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

If the Literature you have is old enough, you might be able to sell it on eBay.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit