WHAT IS DEJA VU??

by Mary 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

I think everyone has had an experience with deja vu; I know I have and it's really freaky when it happens. I'll be standing there talking to someone and that feeling comes over me that I've done this before; I've had the exact same conversation with this person and I can even predict what they're going to say.

With someone I know, that's one thing; having this experience with someone I've never met before is really bizarre.

I've heard all kinds of theorys as to what deja vu is: a "delay" in the brain, reincarnation, someone in the future has changed the past and we sometimes 'repeat' things, it's all in your head, it's Satan.........

I'd be interested to hear what sort of experiences you've had with deja vu and what you think it is.......

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I think everyone has had an experience with deja vu; I know I have and it's really freaky when it happens. I'll be standing there talking to someone and that feeling comes over me that I've done this before; I've had the exact same conversation with this person and I can even predict what they're going to say.

With someone I know, that's one thing; having this experience with someone I've never met before is really bizarre.

I've heard all kinds of theorys as to what deja vu is: a "delay" in the brain, reincarnation, someone in the future has changed the past and we sometimes 'repeat' things, it's all in your head, it's Satan.........

I'd be interested to hear what sort of experiences you've had with deja vu and what you think it is.......

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

I think Deja Vu can have many meanings.

Sixth Sense ; in that we come into a room we might have envisioned for a reason prior to entrance. Thus we perhaps take special note of the place, and look for the meanings.

Reincarnation ; there are some who say we have certain mental triggers in our existence that links us to past lives. I have heard of people fearing water, then doing past-life research and learning they drowned. Some things from this life might link up. All the senses can trigger this, a smell, something you see, something you touch or even something you hear.

Subconscious Mind ; you can not ignore the fact that we store a lot of information in our minds that we do not have out all the time. Sometimes we forget we have things in there and then we run across something that triggers that memory and the mind opens the flood gates on a past thought.

Perhaps one of these explain it, or they all do. It is fun to consider at least.

My thought

Dragon

Edited by - kenpodragon on 4 November 2002 18:2:38

• DJ
    DJ

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

DJ

Now I am freaked out ... I thought I read your message before, only with a different name. LOL

My thought ... or is it?

Dragon

• freedom96
    freedom96

It is freaky when it happens, isn't it? I cannot think of any particular times at the moment, but when it does happen, it is sooo weird. What is more strange, though, is I feel myself almost knowing what is going to happen while I am going through it. Bizzare to say the least.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: WHAT IS DEJA VU??

A great example of why I never wanted to learn French.

Farkel

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Sometimes when I have it I know what is going to happen next... but I am powerless to change what happens. Anything I do will always result in the same outcome that I saw in the Deja Vu.

Anything that did happen, will happen.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

This thread is like deja vu all over again....

Pope

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

I knew that was going to be said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit