Sister Brutally Murdered In Moscow

by Derrick 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Derrick
    Derrick

I ran across this shocking article and thought it might be of interest:

http://www.stetson.edu/~psteeves/relnews/0108a.html

With extreme cynicism and brutality an ex-convict made short work of a female sectarian from the "Jehovah's Witnesses" religious society. He had just been released from prison where he served a term for murder. The Muscovite had invited him to her home to talk about God and after the talk the monster attacked her in the chest with two pairs of knives and plundered the apartment. Recently the Moscow City Court sentenced the murderer.

It has become known to MK that in October 2000 the twenty-nine-year-old Muscovite Sergei Sokolov was released from prison ahead of time on an amnesty and began living with his father in the capital. Two weeks after his release, on 1 November, around eleven in the morning Sokolov met two women near his house on Bolshaia Cherkizovskaia street. The women introduced themselves to Sokolov as evangelists from the "Jehovah's Witnesses" religious society and began a conversation about God. Solokov immediately told them that he recently served a prison term for murder. However the confession did not bother the women at all. Moreover, one of them, forty-nine-year-old Valentina Goncharova, presented the recent convict religious pamphlets and even invited him to visit her at any time if he had questions about the Bible (it seems they lived in the same building). At this the new acquaintances parted. But by noon Sokolov appeared at the apartment of the hospitable sectarian.

Goncharova was home alone; her husband was at work. Over tea the woman talked with the guest about her organization, about the belief in the Trinity, and about the Bible. At approximately three o'clock she interrupted the intense conversation and said that it was time for her to go to the hospital to visit a friend. Sokolov went into the entry and began to put on his coat while the hostess wrote down her phone number for him. But the guest did not plan to leave so quickly. The man suddenly attacked the evangelist with his fists and beat her about the face and neck and kicked her. Goncharova tried to resist and even scratched her attacker's nose and then ran into the kitchen, but Sokolov grabbed her by her skirt and threw her onto the floor. Then he grabbed from the table two pairs of knives and repeatedly plunged them into his victim's chest. After this the sadist stole from a vase on the dresser all the jewelry, five silver necklaces, a pair of gold earrings, and two wedding rings worth a total of 10,600 rubles.

The woman's body was discovered that evening by her husband when he returned from work. He summoned the police and telephoned the friend of his wife, who told the officers about their chance acquaintance with Sokolov. Several days later the murderer was arrested in his father's apartment. The blood of his victim was still on Sokolov's jeans and jacket.

The accused denied his involvement in the crime. Besides murder and robbery the investigation also incriminated Sokolov with attempted rape of the sectarian; the dead woman was found completely nude. However the sex charge was not proven. But even without this the court sentenced Sokolov to 18 years in prison with confiscation of property. (tr. by PDS, posted 1 August 2001)

Source: http://www.stetson.edu/~psteeves/relnews/0108a.html

Derrick

• troucul
    troucul

jesus christ!

• nilfun
    nilfun

What a horrifying account...

I wish to god she had not let him in when she was home alone...

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Apparently, the angel who looks out for dubs in service was on his coffee break.

Or maybe angels are just faking their service reports these days, like everyone else.

• kelpie
    kelpie

Man there a some sicko's in this world!!! And I bet he gets out early again!!!!

• more2C
    more2C

How horrific! I wonder what the victim's husband's opinion is now about JW's and the organization that killed his wife.

more2C

• nilfun
    nilfun

Why do people even believe in guardian angels?

Where was her guardian angel?

This is terrible...Something I am afraid of...I don't open the door for people I don't know...let them think I am paranoid or weird, I don't care...someone that I am very close to was raped by some guy she opened the door for...

• Mary
    Mary

Sick bastard; I hope they take him out back and blow his frigging head off! Why the hell do they let murderers out of prison???

Even worse, why did this sister invite him in to her home? Even the Society doesn't tell you it's okay for a sister to invite a male over to study the bible ALONE (after all, she might have sex with him) and always says there should be at least two people there (one should be a male for sure).

While no one deserves this to happen to them, this sister invited a confessed murderer in to her home ALONE.......she took a huge gamble and lost.

What a horrible tragedy.

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe in "guardian angels." Anyone who was a Witness should know that.

IW

• Kep
    Kep

They may not call them "guardian angels", but when someone is saved from certain tragedy, they are quick to spout about Jehoover's angels working in behalf of his chosen people... barf !!

It is sickening to know that they tink they are SOOOO protected by their great god when in fact they aren't. All the BS they are fed at their meetings.

I hope her husband has some support and help.

Kep

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit