Life on other planets?

by freedom96 18 Replies latest jw friends

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

I surely hope that there is intelligent life out in the universe- there sure isn't any on this planet!

• Navigator
    Navigator

I believe that there is much life out there. It is unlikely that we are the only life in such a vast universe. Have we been visited? Perhaps. Is that life very much like us. Probably not.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

The answer to that question does not hinge on religious belief WT.or otherwise.Its depends on scientific evidence.What we believe about it is inconsequential.Incontrovertible proof is still open to question as to life on other planets as we know it to be here on earth.Even so ,that does not mean it does not exist.Now on the other hand,IF and that's a big"IF.Satan challenged the sovereignty of the Creator. And this planet was indeed the first opportunity to do so.Then maybe just maybe,and remember this is not based on incontrovertible proof, but a belief system,then we are all there is at present time.To sum up my thinking on the matter, the very question is controversial.Also, it is contingence upon personal experiences that much has been written about. "IF" is always the big question.Life itself is a big if ,right in the center of the word itself is the word "IF". L--IF--E, LIFE. Blueblades

• Patriot
    Patriot

If any of you guys are in the NYC area or plan to be, I highly recommend that you drop by the Rose Center for Earth and Space at the American Museum Of Natural History.

The show is spectacular and very interesting. It deals with this very question.

" In Search of Life: Are We Alone?" Narrated by Harrison Ford.

Here's the link: http://www.amnh.org/rose/

You wont be sorry you shelled out $21.50!

Mav.-

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

I always thought it a bit arrogant to believe we are the only life in exstence in the entire universe. Even if life different than we know it, it would still be life.

I was told that God is a God of variety, evidenced by races, different plants and animals and such. So, when I would mention that if he is a God of variety, why couldn't he also create life other than ours, I would get the usual stammering and hem and hawing about, but no real answer.

So, I retain the thought that it is arrogant to believe we are the only life in existence. Just because we don't know about it, doesn't mean it may not exist.

Lew W

• IronGland
    IronGland

To paraphrase I quote I like, "Either there is life elsewhere in the Universe or we are all alone, either scenario is humbling"

Edited by - irongland on 4 November 2002 21:7:0

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

I heard they opened a Club on the moon, but it went out of business - no atmosphere.

Pope

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

Ditto Metatron for:

We are just one of many worlds. Our existence isn't that big a deal in a universe
    loaded with more planets than anyone can count. The same set of forces and
    conditions that made intelligent life here also created it in countless places
    elsewhere. If you believe in a personal creator, then he hasn't been lazy
    across the billions of years since its birth.

We already know many planets exist circling other stars, and there is even the chance "rogue" or wandering planets, drifting through space, have been photographed. The same forces that led to the creation of this solar system has repeated itself elsewhere. Why not life itself as well?

Pope--if that club had comedians, was the humor considered too "dry" on the one hand, or maybe too "Earthy" on the other?

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

Yeah, dad and I made life on many planets out there and I'm suprised you haven't taken the contacts more seriously. On the other hand, most of the people that visit earth are just teenagers looking for fun in their parents IFO (identified flying objects, what, you don't think they know what they're flying?) by going and doing strange things to cows and backwoods rednecks.

Seriously though, do some research on life on Mars. Not just the ALH84001 meteorite but Nakhla and Shergotty meteorites as well. There's the proof that simple life exists elsehwere in your own solar system.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit