ANOTHER TRADING SPACES THREAD

by kheli 20 Replies latest social entertainment

• kheli
    kheli

Who out there watches this show? I enjoy the show (I usually find myself laughing at the disaster designs).

Any comments about the show? What do you think about the "graveyard" designer?

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

I love the show! I watch it as much as I can..Graveyard designer?..

Refresh me!...Is that one of the designers?..I can't remeber their names...just a few.

They have one or two copy cat shows on now too!. Trading Spaces was fist shown to me by my 12 year old grandaughter![)].

They had one show lately where the lady cried! Then she had to get off the camera. I think I would have cried over some of them too. But usually I like them!

Snoozy....

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

I soo luv that show!!!! Ty P is too funny.

Doug is the crabbiest designer and what is up with the Graveyard lady??? her's are WEIRD!!!!!

Ven

btw I luv 'while you were out' as well, have you seen Andrew??????????

• simplesally
    simplesally

I used to love that show......but after a while now, I have gotten burnt out. I went thru Alex and now 2 seasons with Paige and I am taking a break from my "must watch" attitude. I do like the new show "While you were Out."

• kheli
    kheli

Yeah, that designer, I think her name is Kia. She had this astroturf for carpet, she was trying to make the bedroom look like a garden. She even had the garden borders. It was really strange.

I like 'while you were out' too. The designers seem to have less personality though. That Andrew is a hottie.

Anyway, TS is one of my favorite shows. I do wonder how many of those homeowners fake being excited and happy.

• Shakita
    Shakita

Hi Kheli:

I have watched Trading Spaces since the early days with Alex! My daughter and I love that show. We hated to see Alex go and thought that we would never like the new host. But, we really like Paige alot now. Just don't like change I guess!

I love Doug! He is so great! But as for having him in my house, I don't think I would like a TrainCar themed bedroom right now! That episode with the chimney brick not being painted, God, some people are so lame! I think it looked really great! But, it did make for good TV!

My personal favorite designer is Vern. He is so cute! And I love his rooms! I haven't seen one that I didn't like.

Also, what ever happened to Laurie! She was pregnant last season and hasn't been back yet. I miss her designs also. She seems to give the owner what they would like.

Frank is alittle to "country" for me. But, he has made some cute kid's rooms. And the new ones, Kia(I guess that is her name). I don't care much for her rooms so far. But, I think she has had only 2 done so far. And, the other guy, William?, I like his rooms. He also seems to take into consideration what the homeowners would like.

As you can tell, I like the show alot! As far as that new show, While You Were Out, it is alittle slow. And, asking those questions of the couple to see how much they know about each other, is kind of weird. I feel really bad when they get the answers wrong and have to get the paper cup instead of the vase!

Mrs. Shakita(Who would like to really know what happened to Laurie)

• kheli
    kheli

Hi Shakita,

Vern is my favorite too. Do you like Genevieve? I find her laugh to be really annoying. Sometimes she has really good design plans, but then she'll disappoint me with something (ie. the moss wall).

That new guy Edward is really good although he has sort of a "Vampire-like" persona.

The Discovery channel has this show called "Surprise by Design"...it's kind of lame. I never like any of the designs.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

I LOVE Genevieve

• Shakita
    Shakita

kheli:

I like Genevieve. Her designs are ok. She seems to want to do things that are different. Sometimes though they border on the strange. Like the copper painted wall. Or, yes, the moss wall! So creepy, I would think that bugs were in my bedroom in that thing! Or, the room where she had different squares painted yellow and black and then painted a red one right in the middle. Kind of wierd. But different! What I do like about her is the photos of kids that she has blown up and framed. That is a really cute idea! And she seems like a genuinely nice person.

Has anyone heard about Laurie though? Did she have a boy or a girl? Sorry, but, inquiring minds want to know!

Oh yea, Edward is that new guys name! I thought it was William. He is OK, too. He doesn't seem to "talk down" to the homeowners like Doug does sometimes.

Did you notice how Ty talks to the new designers on the show. I don't know if it is just me but, when talking to Kia or Edward, Ty seems to be tolerating them! Doesn't smile or kid around with them like the other designers.

Mrs. Shakita(a trading spaces junky)

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Genevieve:

*sigh* isn't she lovely? Oh, how I would ravish her! Paige is a fine, fine female also.

Actually I loved the copper wall thing Gen did. I thought that was the coolest! I tend to like Gen's designs the best. I love her free-spiritedness. Wish I was as uninhibited and fun-loving as she is!

The funniest episode (that I've seen, I only see the show here and there when I'm at my sister's house) was where Hilda had them spray-painting a couch bright pink. Then they put it outside to dry with a tarp over it. A storm came in and blew the tarp off and ruined the paint job. They ended up going over-budget because they had to buy them a new couch. It was so funny.

Frank's designs are OK, but I like watching him because he is so funny.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit